Going 2 some dirs shuts Dopus down

this has happened in 6.0 but seems getting worse in 8.0x Directory opus seems to shut down when i go to some directories then i have 2 restart dopus again.
does this happen 2 anyone else?

Yeah, this happens to me with directories containing cue/bin files and occasionaly sets of RAR files. It happens with the cue/bin files quite frequently with the RAR ones its quite rare.

Also, my memory usage of DOpus lately has been massive reaching up 150,000kb on Task Manager, bit ridiculous.

RTShaw, is there any apparent pattern in the types of files contained in the directories which cause the problem?

Either way, it's worth a try to disable all your plugins. In Jsu's case I don't think any plugins intentionally handle bin/cue files, but it's possible that one of the plugins is examining them to see what format they are and then becoming confused.

Also, if it's only happening in Thumbnails mode, turn off Preferences, Listers, Thumbnails, Use Shell Image Extractionp and see if that helps.

Finally, I'm assuming we're talking about normal directories here and not something virtual like the Desktop or some other special folder.

[quote]
nudel wrote:
RTShaw, is there any apparent pattern in the types of files contained in the directories which cause the problem?

Either way, it's worth a try to disable all your plugins. In Jsu's case I don't think any plugins intentionally handle bin/cue files, but it's possible that one of the plugins is examining them to see what format they are and then becoming confused.

Also, if it's only happening in Thumbnails mode, turn off Preferences, Listers, Thumbnails, Use Shell Image Extractionp and see if that helps.

Finally, I'm assuming we're talking about normal directories here and not something virtual like the Desktop or some other special folder.[/quote]

yep normal dirs but usually with iso's in mine.. actually it is .iso files.. and when view is set to list mode

Did you try disabling plugins to see if that helps?

Like I said, it's likely one of the plugins is incorrectly recognising the .iso files as a file it should handle and then crashing when it tries to interpret it.

Or Shell Image Extraction is doing the same thing. Did you try turning that off as well?

Edit: Actually, if it happens in Details mode then it's unlikely to be Shell Image Extraction, but it could still be the plugins since they are used to populate some of the columns.

hmmmm i just posted a simular question (missed this thread sorry bout that) :frowning:

just tried it and it IS ISO'S on my end too :slight_smile:

well at least i have the answer to whats causing this......

anyone have any ideas on how to stop it?

EUREKA!

found the answer after emailing back and forth with opus support :slight_smile:

the culprit is alcohol !!

not the drinking kind but the 120% image making/burning/mounting kind...

uninstalling it made the problem totally dissapear....

now to figure out how to live without alcohol...... :slight_smile: :frowning:

heh.....

it's actually gonna be kinda tough...... anyone have any better programs or a way to fix this? or is it just something alcohol 120's people are gonna have to work on on their own?

I've purchased both DOpus and Alcohol and I don't want to live without any of them. A solution to this would definitely be preferrable to ditching one of the apps...

Have you reported it to the Alcohol people?

Nope. I'll have to do some more testing before I do anything with this.

Don't use Alcohol for creation of images. Consider an ISO editor / creator (WinISO, PowerISO, UltraISO) which are more flexible in creating image files which dor not require .cue's. Alcohol can handle the, ie. for burning and virtual drives.

Greetz.

You can use Daemon Tools (http://www.daemon-tools.cc). It provides some features similar to Alcohol and is free. I use it for the virtual drives.

Has Anyone found a solution to the cue file problem yet? I would rather not have to get rid of one of the programs since both are my faves and are used very frequently (until 3 weeks ago when I ran into the same problem, program crash every time) but all my audio is flac with cues and it is making life pretty difficult. Thanks and Happy Holidays

So same question to you :slight_smile:? I'm sure if someone from Alcohol got in touch with Jon he'd be willing to talk to them about whatever he might be able to say about the problem.

But has anyone gone any further in trying to find out if the problem is the result of a particular plug-in or shell image extraction yet?