Grouping and Tile Support

I haven't submitted this yet. But when I do I will link the report to this thread.

There's no rush, it is a new feature request. I'm pretty sure GPSoftware is focused more on fixing everything reported in the new release until the smoke clears and they can look at what will go into the next point release or the next full version. In the mean time, the thread here serves a purpose for people to kick ideas around.

May I add my vote to a grouping feature ? please ...

I love the idea of grouping especially if you can sort within the groups.

For example:
First sort groups by name. Then sort by date.

Being able to sort by more than one criteria is something I have been wanting for ages!

This however needs to be implemented in a way so that it is easy to change and turn on of the sorting criterias.

For example if you first sort groups by name and then by date.
It would create a group for all files starting with A. Then it would sort these according to date.

If then I want to turn of sorting by date to only sort by name. It needs to be easy to do this.

How should this be solved?

Right now we are sorting by clicking on the parameter that we want to sort by. For example we sort by clicking on name. One more click changes the way it sorts by name.

Perhaps the sorting could be implemented so that when grouping is on it creates a pulldown list (could just be displayed as a small arrow down to save space when the width is shrinked) next to the parameter that we a sorting by.

When you click on this arrow down you get to select which other parameter you want to sort by. If you don't want to group by any other parameters you just leave the scrolldown field empty (which could be the first alternative.)

Opus can already sort by multiple columns. See the manual under The Lister - Sort by Multiple Columns.

Hmm... I can't find the "arrange icons by" menu item while browsing in folders other than my computer.

I really love it how in outlook we have emails arranged by Date (Today, Yesterday, ...etc.) and i love it that OPUS has that too in the DATE column.

Bit it would be cool if there could be a seperator and show it in groups!....

When can we expect this feature...?

All anyone can do is request it and see if it makes it to the top of the ideas queue.

Sorry for the language, was in a bit of hurry.

Point accepted...

Hi Ken,

Just wondering whether you have submitted something along the lines that we discussed (customizable frames etc). I haven't seen a report in this thread.

I guess 9.0.0.8 is fairly stable and new features are being added (although I haven't upgraded yet :frowning: ). Perhaps the time is ripe? :slight_smile: If you have not, I will consider doing this myself.

[quote="kenalcock"]I haven't submitted this yet. But when I do I will link the report to this thread.

There's no rush, it is a new feature request. I'm pretty sure GPSoftware is focused more on fixing everything reported in the new release until the smoke clears and they can look at what will go into the next point release or the next full version. In the mean time, the thread here serves a purpose for people to kick ideas around.[/quote]

On my list of things to do.

@Moderators

I just noticed that all the Feature Ideas threads have been moved to the Help and Support Forum. Was this intentional?

Yep.