Grouping files and folders

Hello!
I'm migrating to DO from TC but I can't understand how to group files and folder by date. I mean:
2017-03-21
file1
file2
2017-03-20
file1
file2
etc

or

Mar
file1
file114
Feb
file1
file10
Jan
file1
file11
Could you help me please.

Easiest way is the right-click a date column and select Group:

Date grouping is done similar to the way Explorer does it, by default.

Completely custom grouping is possible by creating a script column, which can specify the group name each item in the column should be filed under.

1 Like

How can I do that, since I need day-by-day grouping?

Adding a new Column in the scripting chapter of the manual has an example.

If you link your account we can write the script for you, too, as it should be fairly simple (at least for us!).

1 Like

Thank you!
I'm not buy Directory Opus yet, I will buy it, if I can customize it for comfort work.
After I will write a script, what should I do with it?

If you mean "how do I make Opus use my script?", see Script Add-Ins in the manual.

Otherwise, what you do with the finished script is entirely up to you. If you want to share it on the forum you can post it in the Buttons & Scripts area, but you don't have to if you don't want to.

1 Like

Thank you!

@Leo, I'm trying to write a script but there is no way to debug it...
I can't run it and view result since I need to check/uncheck a column or restart DO.
Is there any way to write scripts in IDE without this difficulties.

There's no IDE, no.

You can use DOpus.Output in the script to send information to the script output window, which is the way most people debug their scripts.

1 Like

This also talks of script for grouping by date but not yet available.

Grouping by date is built-in. If you want to group by date in a different way to the built-in method, it could be done via a column script.

I will highly appreciate if someone can help write the script as you have mentioned in one of your old posts here. My account is already linked.