Handle to hidden command line activity

When using

cmd = DOpus.Create.Command

cmd.SetModifier("runmode", "hide")
cmd.Run()

// cmd.ClearModifier("runmode") would be a way if dialog stays open.

is there any way to keep a handle to the hidden command line to cancel or stop it? In my case I am creatingcmd = DOpus.Create.Command in a script dialog. When the script dialog closses I don't have access to cmd. Thanks

Even when you still have the handle, I don't think there is a way to stop it.

What are you trying to do exactly?

I am using a script dialog to make a command line backup process (Acronis Backup Advanced) automated. I am working with techniques like this one where you showed a way to read data in from command lines. It is working really good. However, if a backup is going to take 30 minutes I don't have a way to stop it once the window is hidden. I am looking into some option to do this in Acronis' command line option, but I would like to know more about this for other command line projects because I have fallen in love with doing things this way. Thanks

If you've launched an Acronis .exe file and you want a way to tell it to stop, the way to stop it will depend on how Acronis works, assuming they provide a method at all. It will not be done using the existing cmd handle; you would run another command to ask it to stop.

After looking into if they have a method it seems the simplest way is to use

taskkill /F /IM acrocmd.exe  /T

as the other command to stop it. Thanks so much