Hangs when folder deleted [fixed by Windows 10 update]

Opus 12 hangs whenever a folder is deleted, either on a folder tree or in a folder view. This is a bad bug.

Please see this thread and see if it sounds like the same problem. If so, follow the advice in there to work around the Microsoft bug.

I'm not able to reliably replicate the problem at this time. It may have occurred with a particular configuration on the machine at the time (in which case rebooting cleared the problem).

Have you got the Windows 10 Anniversary Update installed? That is what fixed it for people in the other thread, and the cause was a bug in one of the Windows 10 components (that much was certain) which appears to have been fixed and updated (less certain as there aren't proper change logs for Windows).

Still have the problem. Delete a folder through DOpus 12 and it is dead in the water. Genuine annoyance.

Does disabling the FileHistoryDataSource shell extension cause problems for the File History function? (I use File History.)

Thanks.

To be clearer: am using Win 10 x64 (which automatically updates, or so it tells me occasionally).

The Anniversary Update is on a staggered rollout so you may not have it yet. If you open a CMD prompt and type ver what Windows version do you have?

Windows version 10.0.10586

The Anniversary Update is 10.0.14393. You can use the media creation tool to download the update manually rather than wait for it to come in by itself.

Thanks. Upgrading did the trick. FYI, the link you provided is the right page, but there is an "Update now" button to download the update. No need to use the media creation tool.