HashCompare: Script Command to compare file hashes

Script is unreliable. Does not clear cache (saved hashes) between executions in same dopus session.
Test:
make 2 identical files - compare. result: hashes match
make change to one file - compare again. result: hashes match

Does doing an F5 refresh on the folder fix it? (I am not sure exactly what the script does, but if it works how I suspect it does, that should make it recalculate the hashes.)

Yes, refresh fixes it, thx.

Ok, fixed the script itself by adding
objCmd.RunCommand "Go REFRESH"
at line 89 in hashcompare.vbs

Should I add some delay also there, to be sure that refreshing is finished before script continues to hashing (Clipboard COPYNAMES=hash6) or dopus handles this without the possibility of failure?

Please link your account and I can investigate whether or not that is needed for you.

Hi,

1. When I select 2 files (in the same folder) and run HashCompare FILE MD5 through the context menu of the 1st selected file I get the error at line 219 : Opus.SetClip(). The command needs to be run on the second selected file.

2. When I select 2 files (one in source and the other in destination panel) and run HashCompare FILE MD5 through the context menu of the one of the selected file either I get the error at line 219 : Opus.SetClip(); either it reports hashes are different even if they are not. Once a while, it works as expected. It seems it needs a refresh of both lists (source & dest) even if the files to compare are in the same one. Try to compare the same 2 files multiple times to test.

3. Selecting a file A, I produced a A.MD5 file with the command HashCompare TOFILE. Then when I select file A, how to compare it with the MD5 file? My solution is to use another script addin.

It seems it works the best only to compare with clipboard content.

Rebooted my laptop just a minute ago only to see this... I'll contact the author right away to see if... oh wait, it's ME, LMFBO!

Defender is complete garbage these days. :frowning:

Adding the .txt extension to the end of the scripts in the .osp file may make it leave them alone, although I'm only guessing. (e.g. .vbs.txt or .js.txt.)

There are a lot of us very experienced computer users that like other programs, including ESET's NOD32.

1 Like

Any plans on implementing SHA-256/512. For example by using the DOpus.FSUtil?

FSUtil already has blake3 implemented. Could you please update the script to take advantage of this algorithm?