New windows freeze if TOWeb.exe is running

Suddenly, when starting Directory Opus, only an EMPTY TAB is shown, the default Lister with its default tabs is not appearing. When I hover the mouse over the Directory Opus window only the HOURGLASS CURSOR appears and I cannot click on any controls! I have re-downloaded the newest version (12.10), reinstalled it and then restarted the computer, but the error persists!
What is happening here?

EDIT:
This is very strange! Just now I started Directory Opus and it worked again normally! Why it did not work before?

If it happens again:

It is always the same behavior: DOpus gets started by Windows when I turn my computer on and works well and normally. Then I try to open a saved lister layout. This is when the problem starts: Hourglass cursor, Dopus controls do not react and do not work. Then even starting DOpus from the Windows StartMenu does not work anymore! So far I have not found out the cause of the problem.

This did work before the last update: Saved lister layouts opened without problems. So I think this could be a bug introduced in the last update?

I have not found any DOpus.Minidumps folder in %TEMP%.

I think I've found the culprit: TOWeb.exe
As soon as I close TOWeb.exe Dopus works without problems (double-checked). This is the version of TOWeb.exe:
CompanyName: Lauyan Software
TOWeb.exe has not caused any other compatibility problems so far.
What could be the exact cause?

I don't know what that is or why it would affect Opus.

Have you tried any of the other suggestions in the guide I linked?

Is the problem tied to specific files or folders being displayed by your layout?

It affects Opus only when opening a new lister, either when opening the default lister when starting Opus fresh from the Windows Start Menu or when opening a saved lister layout from Opus. I have double-checked it: When I try to open a saved lister layout while TOWeb is running then Opus goes into crash mode: Hourglass cursor, Opus does not react anymore, gets the "milky" crash-color, etc. Then, as soon as I close TOWeb, the loading of the lister layout continues normally and Opus works normally.

This is very strange. Maybe TOWeb intercepts some specific type of Windows messages?

Possibly. You would have to ask them.