Help for simple button

Hi,

I created a button to open programs on a other virtual desktop with "vdesk"

C:\Program Files (x86)\VDesk\VDesk.exe on:{dlgstring|Op welk virtueel bureaublad openen?|2} run:{filepath$}

it works perfect for documents, but when I select a program I get an error "path not found"

What am I missing here?

Where is the documentation on VDesk.exe? I found a similar program but it doesn't use run: in its command line so I think I found a different one.

This may work, but is just a guess as I don't have the information on how VDesk.exe expects to be used:

@nofilenamequoting
"C:\Program Files (x86)\VDesk\VDesk.exe" on:{dlgstring|Op welk virtueel bureaublad openen?|2} run:{filepath$}

If that doesn't work, this might:

@nofilenamequoting
"C:\Program Files (x86)\VDesk\VDesk.exe" on:{dlgstring|Op welk virtueel bureaublad openen?|2} "run:{filepath$}"

Or this:

@nofilenamequoting
"C:\Program Files (x86)\VDesk\VDesk.exe" on:{dlgstring|Op welk virtueel bureaublad openen?|2} run:"{filepath$}"

As an aside, if this is for a toolbar button, you might want to take advantage of the "Three-Button" capability, which would let you left click the button to open the selected file/program on desktop 1, and right-click it to open on desktop 2, or middle-click to open on desktop 3, without extra prompts. See Multiple Function Buttons for details if that sounds useful.

Thanks for your quick reply Leo,

Will try it out tonight.

This is the mentioned program https://github.com/eksime/VDesk

Best regards,
Rob

Hmmm tried your versions, but all (so it seems) with the same result: some programs work, while others fail and it does not seem related to the use of spaces in names :frowning:

Try running the same thing via a command prompt to see if it works at all, without Opus being involved.

I get the same result in the command prompt. Must be a bug/shortcoming in the Vdesk program.
Thanks for the help nonetheless

1 Like