Help.. I have issue with deleting files/folders

Hello, I have searched the forums and the closest I could find was this topic here..
which describes the exact same error only under a slightly different circumstance.

I get this error message every time i try to delete a file(s) or folder(s).

The time i get it is as follows..
If i simply load up Directory Opus and then select whatever contents.. then delete them, it works fine.
The issue is if i have entered that folder..
and allowed the system to do the cache or whatever.. and even if i leave that folder or am not using the files..
it won't let me delete them.. ITS VERY ANNOYING!!

I have to restart Directory Opus time and time again.
Please can somebody help me.. its the only issue I have with this program.
I love it and I am currently on a trial period but will definitely be purchasing it.. however..
this issue might make me want to just stick to plain old explorer.

How do I fix it? Also how come sometimes when I'm not using Directory Opus it simply shuts itself off..
even the tray icon disappears and i must restart it? This program has so many options and its good..
so maybe someone can tell me what i got to change to have it flawless.

Thank you.

I have realized that it pretty much has trouble with only wmv files.
Also asf and some other extension that i only had one or two files of.

So I don't get it why do wmv files remained locked? Is this a Directory Opus issue? I have and do not get it in the standart file manager.

Anyone help:S?

How do you edit your own post.. i'm talking to myself pretty much!

I now realize that it does delete the files, but it for some reason doesn't remove it from the folder. So the files is already deleted since once I restart the Application the folder has refreshed and the file is also gone.

F5 doesn't refresh.. i have to restart.

Anyway that is annoying.

Program is awesome apart from this ridiculous bug.

Can you make this happen every time or does it only happen occasionally?

If you disable the Movie viewer plugin, and the Shell Image Extraction option, and restart Opus does the problem stop happening? (To find the two things I mentioned, type the text in bold into the Filter at the bottom of the Preferences window.)

Regarding editing posts, there is a FAQ explaining why we don't allow it.

Oh, if Opus exits by itself then it is crashing for some reason. Although not the only cause the most common cause of this is using a crack/patch. If you're not using one then tracking down the problem can be a pain, since it happens when you're not doing anything, so let's concentrate on the WMV problem first in case the two things are related.

Thanks for help..

Im using the 60 days trial version.. and it only quits itself when i close it so that it only exists in the tray.
If i simply leave it minimized on the task bar it is ok, so that isn't a major issue.

Ok, so when i went and un-ticked [movie] from "viewer plugin" and the other thing you mentioned..
I still get the message now and then, but when i press "retry" it will go ahead and delete them or refresh the folder contents as it should. However I'm without preview feature which is very appealing for quick file browsing and sorting.

So I re-enabled it.. and for a while it was working good, i kept repeating the same process with wmv files and it deleted them fine. Restarted the app a few times and the error came back.

The problem isn't deleting the files. It does that fine because when I exit that folder it no longer shows icons of the files in there. It simply has trouble re-freshing the view and seems to redo the delete itself realizing that the files are no longer there it freaks out thinking they are been used.. idk thats my theory.

Well i guess i can't have it both ways,,, and to be honest I just accepted it. I t was only an issue while I was deleting some videos. If I run into the problem again then closing the app is only a second of inconvenience.

Anyway thanks for the help.
I will just convert them wmv files so they don't bug me anymore.

Instead of starting a topic for a small issue.. can you tell me..
is there a way to lock the viewer pane size?
So that every time you selct the "images" style
it will remember that custom size instead of
loading it in the default dimensions.

Thanks.

Also how do you back up all your settings?? where can i find the file that hold all the preference settings and stuff.

thanks... i finish.. no more sorry.

[quote="Morenito"]is there a way to lock the viewer pane size?
So that every time you selct the "images" style
it will remember that custom size instead of
loading it in the default dimensions[/quote]

Here's my button command that toggles the viewer pane.

Set VIEWPANE=Toggle VIEWPANESIZE=40

When it's opened it's opened at 40% of the screen width. Note this is a button command not a style (do you actually want a style to do this?)

From the default menu goto SETTINGS/IMPORT AND EXPORT then follow the prompts. When you export it can (depending upon how you do it) put all of your configuration, settings, and images into one file.

Do you have the Shutdown Directory Opus when the last Lister closes option turned on, maybe?

Please only ask one question per thread. This thread has turned into a confusing mess for anyone trying to find answers or to help answer questions. It's difficult to see which questions still need answers and what the answers are from the interwoven responses.

[quote="JohnZeman"]
From the default menu goto SETTINGS/IMPORT AND EXPORT then follow the prompts. When you export it can (depending upon how you do it) put all of your configuration, settings, and images into one file.[/quote]

In Opus 9, it's Backup & Restore rather than IMPORT AND EXPORT.

yes sorry nudel i agree... and the original issue was the bug with deleting/refreshing of the "wmv" files. I didn't find a fix unless the [movie] option was un-ticked... (disabling integrated preview) so if there is no other fix I guess its the only way.

[quote="JohnZeman"]
Here's my button command that toggles the viewer pane.

Set VIEWPANE=Toggle VIEWPANESIZE=40

When it's opened it's opened at 40% of the screen width. Note this is a button command not a style (do you actually want a style to do this?)[/quote]

JohnZeman i would prefer it as a style yes.. but how do i use that button feature?

No, i don't have that turned on.. I just leave it minimized but it's weird how it shuts off when it is in the tray.

Thanks all for the help and the backup tips..

The only question i have is with the styles pane.. how to modify it and set the measurements to lock.. thank you.

Resize the viewer pane and then save over the style.

I have seen what you describe with WMV files but it's literally only happened to me twice. If you can make it happen more often then you might be able to work out what is triggering the problem. (Certain actions, or certain WMV files?) With that it should be easier to track down and fix. (Assuming the problem is Opus itself. It might be a 3rd party video codec that gets tried before WMV and holds a lock on the file. Who knows.)

umm how do you save over the style?

Yeah and the wmv issue haapens without fail when..

• i open the folder that contains them files,
  • view them either in the integrated previw window or a seperate viewer ( i use zoom player)
  • then i delte them (they delete) but then do not dissapear so the error comes up.
  • restart Opus and they will be gone.

I hate WMV files anyway, but i has happened before with asf and a couple of times with avi (not the standar codec)

Could it be that zoomplayer, since I have them all set to be viewed with zoomplayer somehow gets a lock. Then again it doesn't happen when I untick the [movie] preview option so then it must be only an OPus issue.

Thanks for the support.

Right-click the style tab and choose Update.

[quote]- i open the folder that contains them files,

• view them either in the integrated previw window or a seperate viewer ( i use zoom player)
  • then i delte them (they delete) but then do not dissapear so the error comes up.
  • restart Opus and they will be gone.[/quote]
    If you don't view them with Zoom Player, but do view them with Opus, does the problem still happen?

What if you don't view them at all but only open the directory?

Just in case, after deleting them does refreshing the file list with F5 make them disappear?

If i only open the folder the it will give me the error only sometimes.
It doesn't matter if i preview them with Zoom or Opus.
The only way to avoid it is to dissable the {movie} option. F5 doesn't do anything. It isn't an issue anymore, it only bugged me when I have to delete files.

Sorry to ask another question but why does the view sometimes auto switch to "details" I have all styles set to view in thumbnail mode but with some folders it auto switches to detail view. I have to go to the tab to change it back.

nevermind.. i figuered it out.

ohh and btw if i enter the folder and don't view them then yeah..
I can delete the files and they will clear like normal.
Its only when I go ahead and preview them, either in the browser or zoom player that i get the error.