Help to intregate custom toolbar to Opus 13 dark/light mode switching

Hi, I've updated to 13 and am having issues unerstanding what I need to do to get my custom setup working with dark mode. I use a custom toolbar setup with my own icons. Everything in on a single toolbar.

Dark mode issues: My icons are dark, hence not visible. (I plan to make a light set for dark mode.)
Menu text colours aren't responsive, so dark text on dark background.

Themes doesn't seem to include toolbars or toolbar sets. So making my own theme does not look like it will work. As I was planning on making a light & dark toolbar to switch between via themes.

Clearly i'm confused how i need to adapt my old setup to make use of darl/light mode. A feature i want.

Seems like i have to make icons that work with any colour background. Is that my only option?

Thanks for any help.

Toolbars and buttons use the theme colors for their text by default. If they’re overriding that, turn off the override and the text color will switch with the theme.

Icon sets can specify different icons for light and dark, and can also flag icons to be recoloured automatically. (Automatic recoloring only work with monochrome icons designed for light mode, to invert them into icons that work on a light background.)

Thanks for the info Leo.

Icon automatic colour switching sounds perfect. My icons are monochrome. Guess i need to make them into a icon set to make this work?

The menu text issues, black on black. I think this was bugged.. as I don't think it was being overwitten via a settings option. Seemingly toggeling 'use visual styles' in Prefs>DO Colors>Toolbars got it working as expected.
Menu text is working as expected now without me changing any setting.

Thanks again.

this might help with the icons Iconset Maker Pixel Perfect (Updated) - Icons - Directory Opus Resource Centre (dopus.com)

here are some dual mode sets
IconSet Himmelsbla v1.2 Dual.dis (1.4 MB)
FLUENT_UI_DUALTONE.dis (1.5 MB)
Express Dual Small.dis (371.2 KB)
Express Dual.dis (426.3 KB)

Thanks, that look very cool. Nice work :slight_smile: