Help With Titlebar Appearance

I cannot get the Opus titlebar to go dark. It always stays white, no matter what theme I use, or what I set the Windows 11 appearance to be. I would like it to be dark, along with every other program I use in Win11. I believe the problem to be associated with the fact that some years back, I customized the Opus titlebar to some additional info I wanted to be shown up there, at that time. Well, I can do without the customization now, if it will result in getting rid of the stark white titlebar.

Thing is, I did that customization so many years ago, I have forgotten how I did it, and now I don't know how to go back to 'stock'. Leo, or anyone else, would you have an idea of where I can look.... or what to do, in order to get a dark titlebar. I'll post a small screenshot of what I'm talking about.

OK, Leo. I tracked down what was used to customize the title bar. You wrote me a .vbs script back in 2014 (no wonder I don't remember it). The name of the script is Titlebar_Version.vbs, in which you just put the version of Opus into the titlebar. I changed it to also include the info you see in the screenshot and have been using that ever since.

Problem is, when I open Prefs and go to Scripts, I then disable that script, re-start my computer, open Opus again, but all that custom information is still up there. I double-checked the Prefs, and sure enough, it says the script is disabled, but I still have the custom info, and the color is still white...

Any ideas you can pass along to me? TIA!

The script and information it adds is unconnected to the color of it.

The color comes from Windows. Turn on the "title bars..." option here to use your accent color to indicate the active window:

For inactive windows, I think there are some registry settings but I'm not sure how well they work these days.

We will have options to opt Opus windows into using "dark" titlebars in the future. Microsoft have only just documented the API for doing this in the last month or so (although the API they documented doesn't actually work properly, so we'll still be using different/additional methods we had to find and/or work out ourselves, as with most of the dark-mode support we're adding).

Outstanding, that took care of the titlebar coloring. It is now dark, and not so hard on these old eyes, many thanks!

But all that custom info still remains in the titlebar, and I've even removed the .vbs script from the Script AddIns directory. Any idea why I cannot get back to the stock title bar for Opus??

Run set listertitle to reset the titlebar text to normal. You can quickly run it by typing > into the file display to open a command field, then paste the command in and push return.

(Closing the window and opening a new one should also work, unless the window you re-open was saved with a custom titlebar. You may need to re-save your Default Lister and/or Layouts after resetting the titlebar to undo what the script did, if the old info keeps coming back in new windows.)

1 Like

Well done, Leo. Well done! Worked a treat after I re-saved as the Default Lister. Have a great weekend there in 'Down Under Land'. :smile:

1 Like