Hidden files and folder/Search fuction

1. I want Directory Opus to hide Hidden files and folders by default. How can i do that?
  2. I'm running Vista SP1 and i like the explorer's search bar very much. Is there any similar feature in DOpus that support search-as-you-type like that?
  3. If 2) is not possible, how can i configure that every time i have to search something:

It will automatically search sub folder too.

Have a look at resource.dopus.com/viewtopic.php ... light=hide . If you search the forum, you will maybe found many more topics too.

I have not Vista on my computer, so I cannot answer your two other questions :cry:

1. A lot of information about showing or hiding files can also be found here: resource.dopus.com/viewtopic.php?t=11

2. To scroll quickly to the first item matching a given name, type the first letter or letters of the name on the keyboard. By default this will display the Lister Search field, which provides visual feedback of the search string you are entering. The list will scroll as close as it can get to the first entry. Pressing the same letter repeatedly will move the selection to subsequent files beginning with that letter. (see the Help file for more information)

3. Search subfolders: Tools -> Find Panel -> Check 'Search inside SubFolders' :wink:

1. i can perfectly understand how to create a button to hide hidden files and folder but i want it by default, not have to click that button every time i open up DOpus.
  2. and 3) I have already known what you suggest. I guess i will have to take it that DOpus don't have anything as convenient as vista's explorer search bar.

My first suggested URL have your answer :exclamation: Do you read it at all :question:

Now again with more detail:

You could filter the specific files and folders. For doing this, point to Settings -> Prefs -> Folders -> Folder Formats -> Default Formats and double click on each parts separately. On new window, click on filters tab and under Hide filter section, checked H and S checkboxes. Click on OK. After all, Click on Apply and OK in order.

To quickly search in sub-folders you could make a button or hotkey which runs this command:

Find IN {sourcepath$} NAME {dlgstring|Enter file pattern to find files} QUIET SHOWRESULTS=tab

It will open a small window which you can type your search pattern into, you then hit return and the results will appear in a new tab.

Thank you! I guess i will purchase DOpus now :smiley:

[quote="leo"]To quickly search in sub-folders you could make a button or hotkey which runs this command:

Find IN {sourcepath$} NAME {dlgstring|Enter file pattern to find files} QUIET SHOWRESULTS=tab

It will open a small window which you can type your search pattern into, you then hit return and the results will appear in a new tab.[/quote]

Oh, it doesn't work. :unamused: It can only search in sub-folders , it can't search files within those sub-folders ( The result is returned with only sub-folders with given names, not files)

Go to Tools -> Find Panel and turn this on:

Okay, so, can you fix the previous command to do that? (plus clear previous results and use wildcards, please). The search UI from that command seem more clutter-free than the big fat find panel.

Done. Takes me a few time but i have managed to get a suitable command fit my need. Thanks again!

The command I posted should inherit the settings from the Find panel.

Nope, not sure how but it doesn't work with me.

Maybe you need to add RECURSE=yes to the command. Does that fix it?