Hidden files and folders

Hi guys,

I thought there may be a button to toggle hidden files on/off. Apparently not or I can't find one at least.

Do anyone know of a solution to do this...?

Regards

Roly

[quote="Roly"]Hi guys,

I thought there may be a button to toggle hidden files on/off. Apparently not or I can't find one at least.

Regards

Roly[/quote]

Hi,

please try

//no highlighted
Set HIDESYSTEMFILES=Toggle

in a button. If you search this forums, there are more commands for toggling hidden files.

[quote="abr"][quote="Roly"]Hi guys,

Regards

Roly[/quote]

Hi,

please try

//no highlighted
Set HIDESYSTEMFILES=Toggle

in a button. If you search this forums, there are more commands for toggling hidden files.[/quote]

Thanks abr, do you know what the command is to include folders as well as files...?

I really need to do some more research on this subject. It's top of my "to-do" list now.

Regards

Roly

Do you want to toggle Hidden files/folders, or System+Hidden files/folders?

Set HIDESYSTEMFILES=Toggle toggles System+Hidden.

Set HIDEFILTERATTR="H" toggles Hidden.

The two will interact so if you want all Hidden files displayed, whether or not they are also System files, then you need both to be off.

By the way, the HIDESYSTEMFILES command toggles an option in Preferences which applies to all windows. The HIDEFILTERATTR command temporarily modifies the filter (in the Folder Format) for the current window only.

And also have a look here: http://resource.dopus.com/viewtopic.php?t=11

Isn´t there a way to toggle ALL hidden files on & off with just one click, regardless if they are system files or have the "h" attribute? Sorry if i overlooked one button code doing this, but until now i am using various buttons for the hidden file toggling.

:blush:

This will show all Hidden items, whether System or not:

Set HIDESYSTEMFILES=Off Set HIDEFILTERATTR=""

[quote="leo"]This will show all Hidden items, whether System or not:

Set HIDESYSTEMFILES=Off Set HIDEFILTERATTR=""[/quote]

Hi,

this button does it now, thanks a lot. I think i know, why i thought it sometimes wouldn´t work perfectly (because a red "1" in the status bar indicated one more hidden file).

It is simply because of the fact, that the hidden .ion file will always stay hidden, unless it´s changed in the prefs. :bulb:

[quote="leo"]This will show all Hidden items, whether System or not:

Set HIDESYSTEMFILES=Off Set HIDEFILTERATTR=""[/quote]

One little thing yet to add: when using your button, i noticed that copy/delete filters were both turned ON by it. Is this a side effect? :unamused: However, i changed to

Set HIDESYSTEMFILES=Off
Set HIDEFILTERATTR=""
Set Filters=Off

which leaves the filters off. :slight_smile:

That doesn't happen here. Are you sure they're not being turned on by some other button/action?

That doesn't happen here. Are you sure they're not being turned on by some other button/action?[/quote]

:blush: sorry, little mistake. The current button is:

Set FILTERS=Toggle HIDEFILTERATTR h

I must have changed it a few times, when testing around. This is the one that will toggle the filters on (they´ll remain in that state, unless turned off in the menu or by the added set filters=off line). If this is relevant: i layed some hotkey on that button, so i can quickly turn hidden files on & off.

Um, have you looked up what Set FILTERS=toggle does in the manual?

It toggles the Copy and Delete filters.

So, obviously, it isn't a bug that your command toggles the Copy and Delete filters.

[quote="leo"]Um, have you looked up what Set FILTERS=toggle does in the manual?

It toggles the Copy and Delete filters.

So, obviously, it isn't a bug that your command toggles the Copy and Delete filters.[/quote]

Hi Leo,

yeah, i already thought that this is not a bug, of course :confused: . I rather expected the command to act "internally", without affecting the settings in the drop down menu. The way it´s set now is working very well. thank you.

Why would you expect that? The 'settings' in the drop-down menu (as you call them) are simply more Opus buttons configured to affect the filters...

hmm, i don´t know. But now that you´ve said it: even the drop down commands can be indeed accessed like buttons, in customize mode, what is cool. I never noticed that before. :bulb:

With the new version (9.1.1.6) if I put "//" to prevent the button is highlighted no longer works. Any confirmation?

Same for me.

Here's a workaround: Put a dummy command on the first line which doesn't do anything, like this:

Toolbar NAME="dummy name" CLOSE LOCAL Set HIDESYSTEMFILES=Toggle

Opus sets the button's pushed-in state based on the first line. I guess now it ignores comments when working that out but a do-nothing command still serves the same purpose.

(It doesn't have to be the Toolbar command. Closing a toolbar which doesn't exist was just the first thing that came to mind.)

Thanks ... I hope that in future versions will be resolved