Hit Counter Column

I would love to see a hit counter column. It would be useful to for me to see how many times people have accessed a particular document or folder. Working in QA, I create / modify many documents and post them to network folders. A hit counter would enable me to see how "popular" the documents are—that is, if people are actually using them.

I know of course those Q-heads out there would simply say: you know if documents are used if you audit your processes....blah blah blah...I would like something more immediate to assess document usefulness.

Mr_DJ

I'm not sure exactly where this information would come from. Do you have some other tool which shows you this information currently?

No unfortunately I do not, and I don't know where it could/would come from. Perhaps it's not been invented yet.

I think such a feature would need support in the filesystem since Opus has no way to know people are accessing a file on a network server and keep a count (unless everyone uses Opus to access the file, which is unlikely).

The easiest "solution" would be to put the files on a webserver which would then log hits, but that would probably inconvenience you and your users more than it is worth.