Hopes for future releases

Ii think i tested enough this software. Unfortunately i don't use big features this software has such a as tabs or split windows.
The only thing that DO has more than explorer at moment is to be able to see MB/GB in the dimensions column and the labels.
Labels are great becuse they allow better grouping but i have issues with the views i usually use.

So now i ask if some of these things will be added in the future

TILES
Chance to makes icons bigger even when not using "show thumbnails in tiles mode"
Chance to set vertical mode by folder and not as general setting

ICONS
Chance to set distance between icons
Chance to make icons bigger

LIST (Most important)
When grouping files display groups in vertical mode like it is then we group files with Tiles or Icons view.

I'm a bit insulted by that, to be honest. You can't even edit the toolbars in Explorer, or have dual file displays, folder tabs, batch renaming, scripting, FTP, or a million other things.

Suggestions are also best done one per thread, so they can be discussed and tracked individually, as per the ask one question per thread FAQ, but I'll quickly respond to each one:

• TILES

• Chance to makes icons bigger even when not using "show thumbnails in tiles mode"

Something like that should be possible to add, at least up to the 256x256 icon limit which Windows imposes. As far as I can remember, this is the first time it has been requested, but we'll keep it in mind if we're working on related code in the future, or if more people (especially ones with linked accounts) ask for the same thing.

• Chance to set vertical mode by folder and not as general setting

That's less likely as it seems very esoteric and would require adding a setting to the Folder Options UI which would only be used by one display mode (Tiles) which is not used that much. If more people (especially with linked accounts) request it then it's certainly possible, but it's unlikely if it's just one request.

• ICONS

• Chance to set distance between icons

• Chance to make icons bigger

To be honest, the Large Icon and Small Icon modes are not our focus, and only really exist for completeness, since Explorer had them. We add features to them every so often but probably only if a lot of people ask, and I am not sure a lot of people even use those two modes.

• LIST

• When grouping files display groups in vertical mode like it is then we group files with Tiles or Icons view.

Possibly, if more people ask for it. I think you are the only person to request it so far, in your previous thread on the idea.

Sorry no insult it was only a comparison of what i use or not. i don't use file explorer for anything but to archive files
And i couldn't figure how to edit toolbars honestly.
I reapeat. i didn't say Directory Opus = Explorer...i said that all the extra things that DO has are not useful to me.

as for the requests...icon's size can be changed using thumbnails but only in tiles view.
why do you think that noone uses large icons? small icons are really bad but large icons are good if you allow settings of size and spacing like we can do in tles view. Difference between tiles and large icons is only the position of the text. Icons has tex below the folder while tiles has the tex on the right.
another way to have text below the labels is thumbnails view but i didn't understand how to add more space between folders (horizontal) without adding vertical spacing too.
Better spacing for thumbnails will make icons useless (Thumbnails=Large icons in explorer,while DO's Large Icons= Medium icons in Explorer)

Do Thumbnails and Tile view display the same image? If so I can see value in allowing those images to be bigger. Esp if the text is configurable. Why would Tile view need to be limited to 256x256 if Thumbnail mode is not. I don't use Tile view much, I prefer the larger images in thumbnail view . I do often wish thumbnail view had more info.

I agree with @leo I personally can't see a use for this. However I think you could do this with a script pretty easily. Something not possible in windows explorer :wink:

in explorer there are 2 separate views for vertical and horizontal style by default. i don't know in english but if i have to translet literally "titles" is horizontal while "content" is vertical.

Because we are talking Tiles mode configured with thumbnails disabled, so it only displays icons.

Icons in Thumbnails mode won't go above 256x256 either.

Sorry I missed that. Ok, I'm not what value large icons would give. Seems like waisted real estate to me.