How do I click folder on left & open on right?

I have created a personal file Collection so that my favorite folders appear in the left pane. I would like to be able to double click a folder on the left and have it open in the right pane. In that way I can simultaneously see all my favorites in the left pane and the contents of my opened folder in the right pane. The purpose of this task is to reproduce what Windows 7 Explorer does when I click on my User desktop folder and retain my current ability to move folders in and out of my favorites.

I am unable to figure out how to achieve my objective and would be grateful if someone would kindly enlighten me.

You can use the command Go CURRENT OPENINDEST to have your current folder
opened in the opposite pane, so you can use that command from either side.

Btw, if you want to have this as your standard behavior for folders, you can do this in
-> settings -> file types -> all folders -> events (tab) -> left double click,
which is normally using the go command. Please note, that if you change that, you will always
have your folders opened in the opposite pane. But you can reassign (for example) the go to
use left double click ctrl, which is using the mentioned command, so that you basically would swap
both commands.

[quote="abr"]You can use the command Go CURRENT OPENINDEST to have your current folder
opened in the opposite pane, so you can use that command from either side.[/quote]

I have now tried your suggestion (Preferences\Folder Tree\Selection Events and alter the left mouse button to "Go CURRENT OPENINDUAL) but the folder still opens in the left pane. Have I made the changes in the correct place?

Well, it should be GO CURRENT OPENINDEST instead.

Woops. My mistake. I will try again.

Hi abr,

Firstly, many thanks for your patient assistance.

Having corrected my error, a double click in the left pane opens up in the right pane. However, clicking in the right pane to see what is avaialble now does nothing at all!

What else have I done wrong?

The default configuration lets you Ctrl + double-click folders to open them in the opposite site.

If you open Settings -> File Types and look at the All Folders, Events tab, you'll see Ctrl + double-click is set to run Go OPENINDUAL:

You can bind the same command to some other action, button or hotkey if you prefer.

Adding to my reply (above), you can also tell Opus to show your favorites in the folder tree, if you want what Windows Explorer does.

Many thanks that is very helpful and has resolved my problem.