How do you tag multiple directories and files for copying?

How do you tag multiple directories and files for copying?

I have a lot of CD's and DVD's with data on them, i'd like to tag multiple directories and files in different directory trees and copy them to my hardrive and keep the same directory tree structure.

I thought that would work by using the checkbox option in Directory Opus, but that doesn't work.

The only program the comes close to doing this is Microsoft RichCopy 4.0, but that program only let's you tag directories, you can't tag individual files.

Thanks,

eraserhead

You can add them all to a file collection, and then copy them out of the collection to the final destination.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I just tried File Collection Option, that method doesn't work for me cause I can't tag individual directories and files within a directory tree, plus I'd have to manually create the directory tree structure if I wanted to say copy only 1 file or directory the several levels down.

Thanks,

eraserhead

You could put the source window into Flat View (View -> Flat View) and then use normal multi-selection or checkboxes to pick the files & folders you want to copy.

When you copy out of Flat View mode Opus will ask you if you want to recreate the source directory hierarchy in the destination or "flatten" the selected items by copying them directly into the destination.