How many JPEG files are in directory

I need to search a hard drive and find every directory that holds JPEG files. It would also be helpful to know how many JPEG's are in the various directories. I know I can do a flying and then a duplication to get my results. But I was thinking there might be a better way to do it. A simple little thing like *.(dbf|mdf|dbt) can go a long way, something I just found out about. I thought maybe there might be some kind of a filter that can do that trick for me regarding JPEG's.

Bob

Do you want the total number of jpegs in all directories (easy), or individual counts of jpegs for each directory (not sure that's possible unless you know there are no other files in the directories)?

I was thinking in this direction.

1. Find files using a filter as I explained.
  2. Run the duplication (Some how I seemed to end up with a count on files. I will need to take another ,look.) i'm in a dought full phase on all the process I had with my master file recovery since I seem to have a bad understanding on the collection.
    Bob

Sorry, I don't understand what you're saying. Seems like some of the words got mixed up with other words. (Dictation software or auto-correct on a phone or something?)