GP SoftwareTwitter
Opus FAQsManualCommandsObjects

How to add "File Shredder" to the context menu?

One overarching question I have: Is there a way in DOpus to have ALL the context menu items (i.e., when right-clicking) available in explorer? I haven't counted them but the context menu in DOpus is about 2/3rds of the items shown in the explorer context menu (e.g., missing are some Adobe PDF conversion options, Paint 3D, Cyberlink PowerDVD, File Shredder, etc.).

My current goal is to enable File Shredder (i.e., http://www.fileshredder.org ) inside all my DOpus listers, just as it appears in my explorer context menu when right-clicking selected files. I tried using the DOpus secure delete option, which stopped other activity until it completed, which can be inordinately time consuming on large amounts of data.

Best regards & thank you in advance for any help in this direction.

use this button or Delete SECURE

Snipaste_2018-05-16_15-20-34

Do the missing context menu items appear if you hold shift when you right-click?

For one file type, with the shift-right-click, everything reappeared (as well as an extra "Print" option) except "Run as administrator" and "File Shredder."

So, for some reason, the one application I want to use, File Shredder, is unusual. Just the luck.

qiuqiu, Do you know what the English name of this application button is? Thanks!

It sounds like you have turned on Preferences / Miscellaneous / Windows Integration / Hide Windows items on file context menus (shift overrides).

If it is on, you should turn it off if you want to see everything added to context menus from outside of Opus.

It would have been nice if that had been enabled, but it was not checked. I checked it and saw the major reduction in context items, then unchecked and saw the "normal" amount of items return (everything except for "Run as administrator" and "File Shredder.")

Thanks again for your input.