How to add filetype to context menu?

I run the word processor Nota Bene, and I would like to add "Nota Bene file" to the "New" category of the context menu that appears when I right click a blank area in a file pane. The filetype ".nb" is listed in the system files list, but I can't work out how to add it to the menu.
Thanks, Mary

FileType NEW=.nb may work, provided Nota Bene has registered a new file handler (or is happy with empty files for new documents).

More detail in How to Create New/Empty Files.

I'm sorry, I shouldn't really have asked about this, because I don't have time to learn Opus's command structure. I've always wanted to, but the free time just doesn't materialise! I don't know where in the customize dialogs to put 'FileType NEW=.nb'. I was hoping that there would be an obvious place to put the command. I was looking in Settings, File Types. But wherever I entered the command, Opus told me that .nb was already defined as a notabene extension.

Someday, when deadlines don't loom, I'll get to grips with the possibilities of DOpus.

Thanks anyhow, Mary

I see what you're getting at, but when I go to Settings, Customise, Toolbars...and click Folders, Edit, the two items at the top of your menu (Go REFRESH and AutoSizeAllColumns are missing.
I can't find them in the Commands, All list, or in Help. I may have removed them years ago in a fit of idiotic housecleaning, but I don't think so. And it seems crucial to the rest of your tutorial. Could you please tell me where to find it and add it to that dialog? --but only if it's easy to explain.
Thank you very much for the tutorial. It's a model of lucidity, even if I couldn't profit from it.
best, Mary

Don't worry about them, they are just my modifications. You can right-click any of the items in the menu to insert the button. Drag it to the place in which you like it to be - deal done :slight_smile:

Thanks for the explanation. I did as you suggested, and got a Nota Bene button to show up on the context menu, but it doesn't do anything when clicked. I just get a new button on the context menu, which when clicked does nothing.
Mary

It appears that Nota Bene has specific requirements for creating new files. Once we identify these requirements, we can likely implement them with Opus. It would be ideal if you could provide some command line instructions.