How to alphabetically sort tabs at the bottom of a lister window

Hi everybody,

In a lister is it possible to get tabs displayed in alphabetical order at the bottom of the lister windows?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers.

Patrick

I think you could reorder them with a script.

Do you want it to happen automatically (even when changing folders? the tabs will jump around), it just when you click a button/key?

Hi Leo,

Thanks for your prompt response as usual (by the way I still owe you an answer about another question re. how to display mkv movies runtime in listers).

About the current question I would rather like alphabetical sorting occurs whenever I open the lister. But hitting a button might be useful too.

How do you feel about it?

Many thanks in advance for your answer.

Cheers.

Patrick

I started looking at this properly today, but then hit a snag.

Do you want the tabs sorted by full path, or the folder name (last component of the path), or the literal labels on the tabs?

Hi Leo,

Many thanks for your help. Sorry to give you extra work.

Actually I would like to get the tabs sorted by the literal labels on the tabs (which most of time happen to match the folder name without the path info).

Cheers.

Patrick

This turned out more complicated than expected, and we had to make some code-changes in Opus to make it work well.

As a result, the solution below requires Opus 12.6.2, so it won't work until we release that. But here it is:

1 Like