How to change default "Rename" operation

And modify it so that both both right-click context menu of files and toolbar button open rename file dialog with ignore extension UNCHECKED

Append NOIGNOREEXT to the commands in the button and the context menu (via File Types).

https://www.gpsoft.com.au/help/opus12/index.html#!Documents/Rename.htm

@lxp. Thanks. I got it working for the right-click context menu. But I don't know how to expose the underlying script command for the rename button. it still goes to the default behavior with the radio button checked..

It should be in this button:

How to use buttons and scripts from this forum

I'm on version 12.31 of DO with a customized lister and this is what I see in the rename button dialog:

Edit that button as described and you are there.

I'm sorry. This is so frustrating. My dialog obviously differs from yours and yet you keep telling me to :"edit the button as described". I'm not seeing the dialog in your post of April 10; I only see the one I posted in April 11. I genuinely appreciate you trying to help but I cannot invoke a command editor that looks like yours. How do I do that with version 12.27?

Edit the toolbar button which you click to open the dialog. That is what's shown in Lxp's April 10 post.

To edit the button you need to go into Customize mode; see Editing the Toolbar in the manual for more information.

Thanks. Will try.