How to color code files that have been changed "today"

Well, a long time ago I remember reading how to change the font color of files whose modify date was equal to the current date - it wasn't with a script, just some special settings & I've use that & loved it. Now in the process of upgrading to Opus 12 I've managed to lose my setting & can't figure out how to get it back! Please help. This time I PROMISE to take notes on how to do it.

In following thread you find some examples, how to set up a filter to achieve this, if you check tbone's second example. Of course you have to change a couple parameters, but that's basically how you set up those filters.

[url]Label Assignments Setup]

It wasn't something I had to actively turn on a filter to do, it just always "was"; on any given day any files that I had modified just magically showed up in red. And I'm not nearly experienced enough to understand how the example you were kind enough to provide has anything to do with this or what I would do to get it to work.

I guess, it had to be some kind of filter, because that red highlighting isn't just happening on its own (at least i don't know about such an automatic setting). Maybe you were setting up such a filter some time ago, & had forgotten about it? Once you have set a filter, you don't have to do anything special at a later time, which would explain it. If you set up a filter like in the example below, you should get what you want:

You maybe need to make an appropriate filter first ("Red"), which is in the "favorites & recent" section of the preferences. To set the correct type, don't use the dropdown menu at the far right, but the somewhat hidden dropdown inbetween. after the "match", where you can select "files" as the type.

Well, in order to actual figure out how it was done, I restored my Opus 11 settings into my trial copy of Opus 12 - and took a good look within Preferences to see how I had originally copied it from some thread I had read a long time ago without understanding any of it. Then I restored my Opus 12 settings and was able to re-create it, but perhaps equally important I now understand what was done so I can build upon this in the future if I want/need to.

So - THANK YOU SO MUCH - I hate being clueless!

...I guess the only down-side to this is that now I'm going to spend the money & upgrade to Opus 12 (it was really just a matter of time). - From when I used to be technical, I know from personal experience that it's one thing to write a program - but MUCH more difficult to write a program that's fully configurable & open to change. (Imagine the Constitution w/o the possibility of amendments!) My admiration of the people who are responsible for Opus is boundless. :thumbsup:

Hi, could you be so kind as to share this. Was it the label filter method described above?

Thanks

Go to Preferences / Favorites and Recent / Label Assignments, click the leftmost icon above the list to create a new label filter, then set it up like in Abr's screenshot above.