How to config the stored query for Ratings and Tags?

Hi there
I'm using the File Collection and wonder the config of Stored Query.

How to config the property of stored query to make a search with Raings or Tags?

I can only succeed in searching with title keywords :open_mouth: .

many thanks :smiley:

forum.thewindowsclub.com/windows ... tings.html

In English versions of Windows you can use "rating: ..." similar to the examples in the linked page. Unfortunately, the Windows Search syntax is different for different languages so I am not sure what it would be for you.

Opus does not interpret the search query itself; it is just passed to Windows, so if you can find the query which will work in WIndows Explorer's search field for your language, it should also work here.

As an alternative, you could define a Find Filter in Opus, and then create a button which runs the Find command on it and outputs the results to a collection. That can all be done without using Windows Search at all, with everything done by Opus's internal Find functionality, avoiding the problem that Microsoft have not documented the Windows Search syntax properly for English, let alone all the other languages. That would be my choice, if you can't find the details for how to do it using Windows Search.

Got it, I'll try your way.
I just want to make full use of the file collection function:)

The first method doesn't work at all :open_mouth: .

Would you plz show me how to 'create a button' running the CERTAIN FIND COMMAND? for example searching a file with 5 stars.

Many thanks :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote="leo"]http://forum.thewindowsclub.com/windows-tips-tutorials-articles/27229-windows-search-find-files-ratings.html

In English versions of Windows you can use "rating: ..." similar to the examples in the linked page. Unfortunately, the Windows Search syntax is different for different languages so I am not sure what it would be for you.

Opus does not interpret the search query itself; it is just passed to Windows, so if you can find the query which will work in WIndows Explorer's search field for your language, it should also work here.

As an alternative, you could define a Find Filter in Opus, and then create a button which runs the Find command on it and outputs the results to a collection. That can all be done without using Windows Search at all, with everything done by Opus's internal Find functionality, avoiding the problem that Microsoft have not documented the Windows Search syntax properly for English, let alone all the other languages. That would be my choice, if you can't find the details for how to do it using Windows Search.[/quote]

[quote="kinn"]The first method doesn't work at all :open_mouth: .
Would you plz show me how to 'create a button' running the CERTAIN FIND COMMAND? for example searching a file with 5 stars.
[/quote]

You could try, if this command works for you:

Find QUERY rating:"5 stars"

[url]Find query by rating / German query syntax]

One thing to be aware of is that while Opus can store ratings and tags for "any" file, Windows Search will only index the formats it knows about (i.e. those where the metadata is stored in the file itself). Metadata for generic file formats like text files are stored in a private NTFS data stream and isn't indexed.

many thanks, will try later :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote="abr"][quote="kinn"]The first method doesn't work at all :open_mouth: .
[/quote]

[url]Find query by rating / German query syntax][/quote]

Ok I'll try the command method and maybe it's more convenient :smiley:

Have tried the command but unfortunately it doesn't work :open_mouth:

Chinese version.

I labeled a pdf file with 5 stars and the use the search box on top right, nothing was found.

any another useful method? :unamused:

many thanks :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote="abr"][quote="kinn"]The first method doesn't work at all :open_mouth: .
[/quote]

[url]Find query by rating / German query syntax][/quote]

Try this, which should work in all languages (I've checked it with Simplified Chinese):

Find QUERY system.rating:"5 stars"

That still uses Windows Search, so the limitations Jon mentioned will still apply.

If you want to use Opus's internal Find functionality, which does not have those limitations, then you can do that but it requires creating the appropriate filter (Preferences / File Operations / Filters) to match by rating, and then using that in a command.

If the file types you are interested in are handled by Windows Search, then using the Find QUERY system.rating:"5 stars" method is nicest, since it's just a one-line command with everything in one place.

Sorry but it doesn't work, gives up windows search.

Would you please show me how to add a button in the toolbar functioning as "find 5 star files (or with labels)", when I click this button?

Many thanks.

Create a filter for each thing you might want to search for (e.g. Rating >= 1 star, Rating >= 2 Stars, etc.)

Then you can create buttons like this which will find all the files in or below the current folder which match one of your filters:

Find NAME=Rating5 FILTER IN {sourcepath$}