How to copy to multiple destinations?

I saw in the support forum that with DO 9 it isn't possible to copy to multiple destinations. Is it the same thing with DO 8 ?

Yes. Both Opus 8 and Opus 9 only allow you to have a single destination window. Opus 9 didn't remove the feature; it was never there in the first place.

You can create buttons which will copy to more than one place in all versions of Opus, but if you want to use the source/destination windows concept them you can only have one source and one destination at a time. You can set your copy button so it doesn't deselect the files, making it easy to copy to one destination, the change what's in the destination window and copy to another using either the toolbar or drag & drop. You can also do a clipboard copy (Ctrl-C) and then paste (Ctrl-V) into multiple locations one after the other.

If I remember correctly, Opus 5 way back on the Amiga did allow you to specify multiple windows as destinations, but that was the only version that did. The feature never made it into the Windows versions, I think because it has never seemed that useful and is potentially confusing.

Hi!

If you always copy your files to the same locations, i recommend MirrorFolder (techsoftpl.com/backup/index.php), a file system driver, that allows you to mirror a directory or even a complete disk to every other location in the file system. I use this to backup substantial data to other physical devices. Hope that helps.

If it's always the same locations then you could make an Opus button which copies to them, too.

Or put it in an Opus user command which you could then call from batch file an 'schedule' using at or schtasks...

I come again on the subject after making some trying.

This is what I call multiple locations in the title of the post :

You have a SOURCE lister and a DESTINATION lister.

In the SOURCE lister, you select a file.

In the DESTINATION lister, in a folder, imagine you have a liste of sub-folder.

So, you select them . (When I was speaking about Multiple folders, I shoul have spoken about "in the same folder parent folder".)

If you select the destination files from the right panel, all the files are selected. But the file in the SOURCE lister will be copy or move only in their parent folder. In fact, you have to select the destination folder in the left paneL
But you have to select them and open them one by one.

A m I right ?

So, this is where is my problem. How can I move or select a file in the SOURCE lister towards the DESTINATION lister, in selecting these sub-folders in one time ? I don't thing DIRECTORY can do that normally, but may be in programming a button ...

What do you thing about it ?

Thanks by advance for your help. And hope my text not to confuse !

:confused:

See here: [DO9: playing with flatview)