How to create a button for Hiding file extension?

HI ALL,
I'want to create a button for hiding file extension in filename column(Folder Options
)
Any one can tell me what is the command of this button ?
Thanks!

I think the only way to do it would be to make the command change to a specified folder format (since it's the folder format which defines whether or not the extensions are shown).

That might work okay if you use the same format everywhere, so that changing between the two formats has the appearance of only changing that one setting.

But if you don't use the same format (including columns, display mode, etc.) everywhere then it won't work very well as it will cause more than just the extensions to be hidden.

A better solution might be to have the extensions always hidden from the Filename column, then have a button which can toggle the separate Extension column on and off. But maybe that's not what you want either?

Why do you want this, out of interest? If it is to hide the extensions in certain directories then there's a much easier and better way to achieve that.

I've been searching the forums for this feature and this is the most current thread for me to add to.

For me, I want a button that can do this so that I can more clearly see the last word in a filename. For titlecase purposes, I want to evaluate the last word of a .flac file such as "04 Let it Be.flac" and ensure that the last word is properly capitalized... but the long file extension make it difficult to quickly scan them. But I don't want to disable it permanently. I have a folder that toggles the Set HIDEFILTERFOLDERS * and Set HIDEFILTERFILENAME *... wish I could have one for the file extension as well.

-nathan