How to create a Icon set?

Hi Steje,
[ul]1) I'm thinking that 16 x 16 pixel icons may be better in context and drop menus.
2) For fun I created a dis file of the Beautiful 256 x 256 pixel icons embedded in dopus.exe.[/ul]
The results are beautiful and just hillarious !
Shout back and I'll give you the dis file !

Dave

post it!

Hi nate_dawg,
These icons are absolutely beautiful.
I had posted a feature request some time ago for a few images that I could use to make a window decal for my Ford Explorer Sport.
I'm seriously thinking of using this one.

These are copyrighted images, and I'm reluctant to post the simple dis file I made.
The image names in the file are just On The Fly names I thought of as are the displayed names.
Selecting the images while editing a button is difficult at best.
They are extremely layered upon one another and it's very difficult to know exactly which image one is selecting.
It also screws up the allicons file.

However, I burst out laughing after creating and seeing an actual button at 256 x 256 resolution.
Note that smaller sizes of these icons are also embedded in dopus.exe.

That said, if you'd really like to try out my 256 x 256 dis file , I'd be happy to give you a private link to download it.

Dave

Where can i downlaod the manual

Thanks

Wow,
This really is an old thread !

To answer your question, the full specifications for Icon Sets are downloadable from GPSoft on the same page as you download program updates from.
gpsoft.com.au/DScripts/Download.asp

Regards,
Dave

Thnaks Dave

[quote="David"]
So, I'm working on a copy and paste solution.
One needs to use Clipboard Copynames nopaths to get a list of image filenames.
Then, one pastes the clipboard into an HTML form textarea.
Click submit and a new page asks for filename aliases, image sizes, etc.....
I'm working on this now.
Click Submit again and and the result is then posted in another HTML textarea.
Just copy and paste into Notepad or your text editor and save it as the name of the dis XML file.

I have a crude result page of a demo large icon set posted here .
I am Not really the Artist and GPSoft is Not the copyright holder.
I'm still working on it.
Perhaps a week from now, maybe sooner ....

Zippo[/quote]

This is an old tread but I remember I used a button or a tool that created the entries in the xml file. I think it was the tool in the quote above from David.
Sadly the link does not work. Does anyone have a button or any other way to create this entries in the xml for the .dis file.

Thanks in advance.

It's here if anyone else is looking for it.
It hasn't been worked on since it was first written.

It would probably be a good idea to read the Directory Opus Icon Set Specifications first.
It may not be what you are really looking for.

Thank you very much David. Such a great tool.