How to display drive letter in drive tooltip

I am trying to modify the tooltip for drives in my computer so that it shows the drive letter (eg; c:), but I have so far been unable to find a field which does this. {path} isn't what I want and {target} displays nothing.

Could someone please educate me? :slight_smile:

I'm not sure if there is a way.

What do you want it for?

Wow, I've never been told that before when it comes to something I've wanted to do in Opus! I'm shocked!! :astonished:

Well, it might be a bit weird, but I don't display drive letters in my default 'My Computer' view, I find it clutters the window too much and I don't really refer to things by drive letter all that much these days. But occasionally I'd like to see what the drive letter actually is without actually opening up the drive (especially for USB drives etc), hence the tooltip idea.

I didn't know you could hide them there until now. :slight_smile:

I see that the "Show drive letters" setting in Explorer is respected by Opus's My Computer view. Didn't know that.

I'll add something to the to-do list to make drive letters possible in the drive tooltips. Can't promise when/if it'll happen but we'll see what we can do.

Heh, yup, ya learn something every day! :smiley:

Cool, cheers for that! I guess this new field should be made to work for folders & files as well, ie; any currently targeted item.