How to execute searches for a single file with dopusrt?

Hello.. I've encountered a somewhat silly problem, but it has annoyed me for a while though..

I have a perl script which matches two drives (one is a backup of the first) to display what is present on the new but not on the backup, or if the new file is bigger than the old one.

So far so good.. When encountering such a file I execute a dopusrt command to append just that matched file to the collection such as this:

dopusrt /cmd FIND COLLNAME="New Files" NAME="top.bat" in "c:\program files\util" QUIET RECURSE=no SHOWRESULTS=lister,tab QUIET

The first search has CLEAR=no. The dopusrt commands are generated and called by the perl script.

The problem is, I see it performs several searches, and only a few results in a item for some reason, one of the reasons might be below.

There's no way to zero the Containing field without also displaying the dialog.. i.e if CONTAINING="" is present, then it shows the dialog QUIET or not, and if not providing CONTAINING keyword, then it uses an eventual earlier textmatch with the search if present.
There aren't a option to just ignore the containing field.

I guess the last part of the prior message would apply to every command using the FIND command in DO.

I guess your Perl script knows the full path to the files, in which case you can add them to a collection explicitly instead of manufacturing a Find command that will do it.

Have a look at this thread for the commands:

[Is DOpus right for me?:: user-generated collection xml)

[quote="leo"]I guess your Perl script knows the full path to the files, in which case you can add them to a collection explicitly instead of manufacturing a Find command that will do it.

Have a look at this thread for the commands:

[Is DOpus right for me?:: user-generated collection xml)[/quote]
Yep, this might just work.. :slight_smile: I've seen it before, but didn't remember it.

However, this too complicated attempt to make this list at least show that there's an issue with the containing field, especially if wanting to run quiet queries.

Thank you for this solution, it saved me from struggling with the interfering containing field.

Or rather, the CONTAINING keyword, as it isn't possible to use it without displaying the dialog, and even if not used in the command the search applies the current value of the dialogs field.
In addition there's no way to clear that particular field.