How to pin folder (with all subfolders) to left panel?

I have a folder that I want to have easy access to, along with all of its subfolders. Is there a way to pin that folder and it's sub-folders to the left panel?

I've tried it with "favorites", but I have to manually add the branches to create a tree and update every time I create new subfolders.

And doing it with "file connections" is a little problematic when moving things around because of the nature of collections.

Is there a simple way to pin a folder to the left panel with all of its subfolders automatically under it too?

I don't think there's a good way to do that with the folder tree so it's at the top level of the tree and always expanded, even when unrelated folders.

You could have it at a more nested level and get it to expand by making it your starting folder (and turning on the option to auto-expand the current folder, while turning off the option to auto-collapse branches).

You can also root the tree at a particular folder, but it'll jump back to normal if you go somewhere that isn't in or below that folder, until you go back to somewhere that is.