How to restore tool bars without losing other changes?

Somehow, by one uncautious move, i messed up all the tool bars. I could restore some backup, but unfortunately it is a few weeks old. Is it possible to keep the toolbar layout back, without changing the other things?

If you delete all the toolbar files then they will be recreated on restart. Of course that requires that you've used the default names for your toolbars.

I had a few non standard bars, so i manually reconstruct the new commands. Fortunately i keep track about all changes in a list, & exported some shortcuts, so they can be imported in the older backup.

Maybe it´s not a bad idea, if the tool bar layouts could be stored separately. Thanks a lot!

The toolbars are just files. If you want to store them separately or back them up on their own or whatever you can do so already. /dopusdata/Buttons.

Yeah, but will this save the arrangement as well? The big problem is, that once you messed up the layout, you´ll never be able to get it back. Toolbars will flip around randomly :slight_smile:

This is, imho, a point, where Opus has some space to improve.

So you're not actually talking about the toolbars, you're talking about the locations you have them opened in.

Yes, that´s what i tried to say. Only the position is messed up. When i drag them around, they keep slipping away sideways or even vanishing (maybe they are just covered). I only use about two or three tool bars & one path field (which is possibly also a tool bar), none of them floating, but i can´t reconstruct the exact layout before clicking the "ok" button, so the outcome is very random.

If i could save the (?) .xml file, where the positions, the layout of those toolbars are saved, that would be cool.

[quote="abr"]
If i could save the (?) .xml file, where the positions, the layout of those toolbars are saved, that would be cool.[/quote]
\ConfigFiles\toolbars.oxc

Ah, thx. Cool.