How to select checked files on Synchronize utility?

Dear friends,
When Synchronize utility finds some files need to be synchronized, automatically change the view mode of listers to Check-Box Mode and checked found files. I need to select these checked files.

I define a new key with following code:

Select FROMCHECKS

This key work well under any Check-Box Mode lister, except under Synchronize utility! When I changed the above code to following code:

Set CHECKBOXMODE=On Select FROMCHECKS

My key went disabled under Synchronize utility. What should I do?

Best Regards

What do you need the Set CHECKBOXMODE=On line for? It seems redundant as Opus seems to enable checkbox mode automatically when Select FROMCHECKS is run.

The view when synchronizing isn't quite the same as checkbox mode, since in sync mode each item can have one of three states (copy, delete, ignore) while in checkbox mode there are only two possible states (checked, unchecked). So when you are synchronizing it isn't possible to enter checkbox mode and Opus disabled any button which begins with Set CHECKBOXMODE=On.

I just tried using Select FROMCHECKS (by itself) when Synchronizing and it marks the selected items for copying, and marks all non-selected items as ignored. I'm not sure if there is a way to mark things for deletion in a similar way, but it seems to work to some degree at least. Does it not do anything for you?

Thanks for answering Dear Leo,
I know Set CHECKBOXMODE=On is redundant, but when Select FROMCHECKS was not worked under Synchronize utility, I thought this line will push it to work.

Under Synchronize utility, Select FROMCHECKS not work at all.
Ability for selecting checked files under Synchronize utility will be very useful for a variety of needs. The need is not just copying or deleting as you say, for example, I will select checked files for renaming. Every time, I should select checked files by hand, because no other way is presented for selecting the checked files (I think so) :frowning:

I cannot understand when Select FROMCHECKS is not work under Synchronize utility, where is the usage for it?! Under Checkbox-Mode? I don't think so, because why I must check files under Checkbox-Mode and then use Select FROMCHECKS for selecting them! :question: Well, I will select them from the beginning!

Regards

I'm not sure why it works for me in Synchronize mode but not for you. (I am using a beta version of Opus so maybe something has changed.)

It is for checkbox mode, not synchronize. You can enter checkbox mode after already selecting some files, in which case you may wish to transfer the selection into the checkboxes. Or you may be leaving checkbox mode and want to transfer the checkboxes into the selection.

trying to do the same as OP - select files ticked by the synchronise function

I tried to create a button with
Select FROMCHECKS
that didnt work

I tried
Set CHECKBOXMODE=On
Select FROMCHECKS

that was greyed out - couldnt use it (I tried selecting the files - it was still greyed out)

any ideas? TIA!

To aid future searchers (it took me a while to find this!) -
Is there a way to select files that have been ticked for synchronise synchronising synchronize synchronizing

I think in my reply above I was confused. It looks like I was talking about using Select TOCHECKS to take the selected files and flag them for synchronizing.

Right now, at least, Select FROMCHECKS doesn't seem to do anything, as you say. (Maybe it worked when I wrote my reply, but the way I described things make it sound like I was using TOCHECKS and not FROMCHECKS by mistake.)

If you're not doing this recursively -- that is all the files you're interested in are at the top level and not in any subdirectories -- and you just want to know which files are missing between two folders (or which files are the same) based on their names, then the Select SOURCETODEST and Select DESTTOSOURCE commands can be used for that.

(See also here, here and here for some threads about using those commands, sometimes in complex ways.)