How to set .rar icon to look like a zip folder?

Hi,

Sorry to HJ into this thread but how do I get the .rar icon in DOpus looking like a zip folder

Cheers,

I've split this into a separate topic. (Please start new threads if you have a question that isn't directly related to another thread.)

You can set the icons used for file types via Settings -> File Types.

If you don't already have a RAR file type you can create a new one there as well.

Hey Leo,

Sorry about jumping into the other thread.

Here is a screen shot I would like the zip icon when I see it in Dopus.

This is what I get

Have I not setup something right

Cheers,

Gino

To the right of where it says Opens with: (icon) Directory Opus 9, click Change..., then select the bold "Directory Opus 9" item in the left-hand list and click Clear Default, then click OK.

If you now refresh your file display, you'll have the icon you want.

After doing this, double-clicking RAR files outside of Opus may no longer open an Opus window for them. (Inside of Opus should still be fine.) To correct that, in a way which won't affect the icon, follow this guide: HOW TO: Make RAR files open in Opus on double-click.

[quote="leo"]To the right of where it says Opens with: (icon) Directory Opus 9, click Change..., then select the bold "Directory Opus 9" item in the left-hand list and click Clear Default, then click OK.

If you now refresh your file display, you'll have the icon you want.

After doing this, double-clicking RAR files outside of Opus may no longer open an Opus window for them. (Inside of Opus should still be fine.) To correct that, in a way which won't affect the icon, follow this guide: HOW TO: Make RAR files open in Opus on double-click.[/quote]

Hey Leo,

I did all of what you suggested and its fixed :thumbsup: zip icon shows is the way I want thank you :smiley:

In windows explorer the zip icon now shows it as the DOpus icon like my screen shot is that the it should be?

I know not to ask more than one question per thread but am using the old icon set from a previous install.

Cheers,

Gino :slight_smile:

Explorer might continue using the previous icon until you reboot, though I'm not 100% sure.

Hey there I'm having the same problem on Dopus 12. I have followed instructions and tried clearing the default but it just reverts to the default being "Directory Opus Helper Application" and it doesn't show the selected icon