How to start DO in Dark mode

Looked through some options but couldn't find any setting:

Does DO support Windows 10 Dark Mode? And how to enable this? I am using Windows 10 in Dark mode but DO keeps displaying white backgrond.

See the Downloads / Themes area of the forum for themes which can change your colors. (You can also create your own or tweak them via Preferences / Display / Colors & Fonts.)

It's not automatic yet because Microsoft still haven't published the API. Dark Mode in Windows is very half finished. But you've always been able to configure most of the colors Opus uses.

OK, thanks.
If MS has finished / published Dark Mode will DO provide easy support for this? By easy I mean just turn on dark mode with one-click option. It sounds a bit cumbersome for me to define all sorts of colors in DO now to "pretend" Dark mode. I think I will wait until Dark mode is finished and implemented in DO.

That's the plan, but we don't know when/if MS will do this as the Windows team seems functionally incompetent these days. :slight_smile:

You don't have to define them yourself. There are themes on the forum you can download which set the colors to ones other people have defined. Similar to themes for Firefox, Chrome, etc.

1 Like

Thanks again for thinking along, but I am a bit reticent about themes, themepacks, plugins, addons, and other "3rd party addons", extra maintenance and dependancies... But thats my personal opinion absolutely no critisism for DO.

I'll wait for official Dark mode support until I get really tired of "white mode" :slight_smile:

There's no real dependency to worry about. A theme (.dlt file) is literally just a list of colors (and sometimes similar settings like fonts or sounds, but usually just colors). You load it into your config, it changes the colors, and that's that. You can even delete the theme afterwards.

Bear in mind, DOpus' .dlt files are specifically designed to contain theme elements. You download it, load it, apply it, and you're done. You don't have to mess around with settings or anything like that. If you don't like a theme, you can just switch back to default without any difficulties.

Since DOpus has this feature developed right in, if there's an update that a .dlt file does not handle, that element just won't get themed. It won't cause your updated DOpus to freak out and go bananas. :slight_smile:

OK, where can I find these .dlt files with a description what colors they are ? (or screenshots)?

In the individual messages here on the Themes forum:

Edited to add:

I use this theme below. Be sure to read the whole message thread. The creator went the extra mile to try to help people get it to look just right, including also providing a copy of his settings file (which I did NOT install because I like my settings).