How to stop columns reverting to defaults?

A simple question but I cannot get started on answering it.

I like the files in what I think is a 'lister' to be in the order Name, Modified, Size, Type with sensible widths. I can drag them to look like that but they keep reverting to what is obviously some sort of default. How do I stop that?

No idea which category to look in or even what name you give to those things at the top of the columns. I did find something slightly helpful but I cannot now find it again having found out how to ask a question.

help!

Thanks

Chris

PS Oh, and I am not even sure how I will find if there is an answer? Will I get an email or do I have to go through searching for it?

Answer is here:

Whether you're emailed when someone replies is up to you and your forum settings.

Thanks -- that has done the trick.

I do wonder if you need a really short, really easy, intro to some of the key features of the program (which I do love incidentally...). I'm sure that everything is in the 1127 pages of the manual, but that is perhaps a problem not a solution!

Best wishes!

Chris

It's the first thing (after the link to the full list) in the list of FAQs at the top of the forum:

Also linked to in a lot of threads now. And from the manual. Not sure how we can help people find it more easily without it being annoying or something auto-shown which a lot of people would close & ignore before they knew they needed it.

Fair point! And now I know where it is it is really obvious, needless to say...

And lower down I notice how to back up the config, which is something else I had been wondering about.

Best wishes

Chris

2 Likes