How to use "double files" search?

Hi,

how can is search for double files in two or more different directories? I´d expect two "search in" fields to specify the paths, but there is only one.

I couldn´t find no information about this in the manual pdf, another difficulty is, that i´d prefer a german manual (which is supposed to be released soon) for that task.

now i found it, it´s only a klick on the folder icon, not in the text field.

But there is another thing, when i´m intending to specify the search ("search for") by typing in (for example) .exe, Dopus will replace ist with "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\name\Favoriten" right after typing the "". I had to use a trick for typing that in ^^.

So when i set two folders for testing, which do contain the same exe (&, hence, this is supposed to find those), following settings:

won´t return any results. Is this possibly a bug in Dopus?

One misunderstanding and one bug, I think.

I don't think wildcards are supported in the Seach For list. Instead you should use a Filter which you can set on the right hand side. (I'm not sure why typing * inserts some other path but typing * has no useful purpose there. Maybe it should do nothing instead.)

But you are right, if you have anything in the Search For list then it seems to mean that no duplicates are found. That is definitely a bug.

[quote="nudel"]One misunderstanding and one bug, I think.

I don't think wildcards are supported in the Seach For list. Instead you should use a Filter which you can set on the right hand side. (I'm not sure why typing * inserts some other path but typing * has no useful purpose there. Maybe it should do nothing instead.)

But you are right, if you have anything in the Search For list then it seems to mean that no duplicates are found. That is definitely a bug.[/quote]

ah, the filter thing does. thank you!

The "Search For" list is designed to take a list of actual, specific files, that you wish to search for duplicates of. The "Search For" list is not a filter, and does not accept wildcards.

In the current version there is a bug with the "Browse" function, in that it does not insert the full path names of selected files into the list. However, you can add files to the list by either typing the full pathnames, or via drag and drop.