I can't seem to find this new Filter feature

I don't mean to sound like a moron, but I can't find this new filter feature. It sounds great and everything, but I don't know where it is, or how to use it. Is it a programmer's feature? Like, do I have to know how to code the custom buttons and stuff to use this filter?

If anyone can point out where it is, I'd appreciate it. If it's something that needs to be programmed, could someone show me an example of how to use it?

Thanks.

You don't really need to program, you can just add the filter field to the toolbars in a lister:

go to menu Settings -> Customize. The Customize window should open with the 'Commands' tab active. In the list of categories on the left, click on "View". Now find "File Filter Field" in the commands list in the middle, it should be the 5th entry I think. Left-click and drag the "File Filter Field" icon to somewhere on a lister toolbar. Once you let go of the left mousebutton, a new field "Filter" will appear that you can resize.

Click "Close" in the customize window and you're done.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the tip.

Freaking A! This filter feature is amazing! What a great thing. Just when you think Dopus can't get any better. I haven't had this much fun with a new feature since the tabs. I guess that wasn't that long ago...

Actually, I had fun with the status bar graphs also...