I have a problem

I have a problem
https://images92.fotosik.pl/708/706ed4fa6f1ed97bmed.jpg
https://images91.fotosik.pl/707/2d656eb5eda6876emed.jpg

1 Like

Which version of Opus are you using?

Which action(s) trigger the problem?

Have you clicked the link in the dialogs, or used Help > Submit Crash Logs, to send the logs to us?

If the problem stops you doing either of those (e.g. due to a crash at startup), you can also send them to us via email. Instructions are here:

issue ID 185

From the DMP, it looks like something has injected code into our process in some way, which is likely what's causing the crash but also makes it hard to see what's happening in the logs, as there's unknown code involved.

If you have any debugging or hooking tools installed, please try removing them to see if they are involved. It's also possible antivirus or similar could be doing it.

Usually, it's possible to see where the code came from using the DMPs, but in this case it isn't identified, which usually means that either the DLL it came from unloaded itself (while the code is still in use) or it generated the code at runtime (very unusual, and generally quite suspect).

(If you're using an ARM version of Windows, or running Opus under a Windows emulator, that could also explain it.)

To dlaczego ten problem nie występuje w wersji 12 ?

English: "Why doesn't the problem occur with v12 then?"

Because DO13 is, in parts, another code - so it can behave differently, especially in presence of some misbehaving/untypical software which messes with other programs.

2 Likes

Smutne jest to że kupiłem program który jest nieprzydatny dla mojego PC.
Wróciłem do wersji 12

Unfortunately we didn't have access to your machine during the 7 year development / testing cycle, so weren't able to verify full compatibility in advance.

Dla mnie jako konsumenta ważne jest to że kupuje program który bez problemów działa. W waszym przypadku tak nie jest. Dlaczego nie mam żadnych problemów z innymi programami zainstalowanych na moim PC.

Please use English on the forum. Auto-translation is fine, just don't make every person reading the thread do it themselves.

You haven't responded at all to the information / questions I raised earlier.

It looks like there's something unusual about your machine which is modifying our code (maybe the code in all other processes as well). We need to understand what that is to be able to do anything about it.

I apologize for the language of the posts, I will write them through a translator.
Only if a person who has no knowledge of programming is to find the reason that modifies the code in the program.
I closed windows defeder and replaced it with webroot.
I also have the following programs installed: Kerish Doctor 2023, Wise Care 365, SpyShelter Premium, I have no idea whether they affect the code change.

Thank you!

I'm not familiar with most of those. The only real way to check if they're involved is to temporarily uninstall them.

But before you do that, try the beta we just put out: Directory Opus 13.2.1 (Beta)

That has some changes which may help. It's hard to be sure, but we replaced the code that was crashing with something that works a different way.

It may still turn out that a similar problem affects other code which we can't change as easily (or at all).

(The DMPs you sent indicated that some of our API hooks failed to apply. We rely on API hooks in a lot of places now to add or fix functionality in Windows within our process. Something seems to be blocking or overwriting the hooks or causing them to fail.)

1 Like

Thanks to a patch in Directory Opus 13.2.1 (Beta) 1, the issue has been resolved. Thank you for the substantive discussion. Kudos to the entire development team working on solving this problem.
Regards
George

1 Like