I have a question about Folder renaming speed and time

[b]I have tried to install the 11.5.4 beta, but the problem about renaming a folder in second layer directories wait for a long time is still not improved.

In addition, after installing the 11.5.4 beta,file number order will be mess (Please refer to the accompanying drawings "Correct & Incorrect").

I use others file manager open, file number order are not mess, but removed beta 11.5.4 and then install version 11.5, file number order has returned to normal.

And attach the compressed file for you to test again, thank you.[/b]

Test file.rar (56.1 KB)

"file number order will be mess" MIGHT be the same issue discussed at Filenames begining with underscore sort to end in 11.5.4.

The sort order in the beta is covered by the thread Bob links.

The current beta only contains a partial fix for the tree issue we found, not the full fix, as I said, and the issue we found may not be the same as the issue you are seeing, as I also said.

Please wait for more details & investigation from us.

Small request: Please trim screenshots of empty space before posting them.

Here's a video made using Opus 11.5.5 on a virtual machine with default configuration. (I also get the same results on my real machine with my custom config.)

I just realised there was only one window open when I recorded the video. I've done the same test with 20 windows open and had the same results. (Can re-upload a new video if you need to confirm that.)

This archive contains the full set of folders I used for testing, which was based on the sample folder names you sent earlier.

Simulation_folders.7z (9.53 KB)

We have not been able to reproduce any of the freezes you are seeing. As you can see in the video, the renames are always processed almost immediately, at all levels in the tree.

Please let me know if you watch the video and can see anything that I am doing which may be different to your setup, or the actions needed to reproduce the problem.

If we're both doing the same things, then the issue may be in something outside of Opus itself. For example, shell extensions called to get icons for the folder tree, or various details in the file display, whenever you click on different folders and when folders are renamed. If one of those is freezing whenever Opus asks it to do normal things, then that could be the cause of the problem you are seeing.

I'd recommend using ShellExView to disable all non-Microsoft, non-Opus shell extensions, then fully exit Opus (via File / Exit Directory Opus; don't just close the window), then re-load Opus and see if the problem persists.

Things like anti-virus can also be a factor.

If any network drives or junctions are involved then they can also complicate things and are worth bringing up.