I have two very annoying problems, please help

Hi,

Great program but for two very annoying problems

1. DOpus will suddenly not allow me to move/copy files or dirs
    I highlight a file or group of files or a directory and when I try and drag it to a new location, nothing happens
    I might be lucky to get it working again by closing dopus and restarting but the function rarely comes back until I close all other running programs. Sometimes this doesn't even work and I have to reboot to be able to move/copy files

2. Upon ejection of a CD or DVD or USB stick, Dopus will go spastic and then crash every time. I am slowly getting into the habit of closing dopus when I am about to remove removable media because sometimes the crash is so serious it locks up my PC and all I can do hit the reboot button

any help with these problems is greatly appreciated

TIA

vengab

1. I would try to work out which of the other programs has to be closed for it to start working. It's probably something messing with the mechanism used by drag & drop and the clipboard (which are both related).

Have a look at this recent thread as well in case anything sounds similar to your setup:

[Lost ability to drag/drop into and out of DOpus)

1. Is that with Opus 9.1.1.7? Does it only happen if the folder tree is visible, or no matter what?

Hi leo, thanks for trying to help

1. It is pot luck in closing programs and drag/drop comes back. No other programs I am running do I use drag/drop in them
    My problem is very similar to that other thread but I haven't got of those programs installed

2. no matter what

I will install 9.1.1.7 later and see what happens as I am currently running 9.1.0.0

vengab

9.1.0.0 is over a year, and fourteen updates, old. Since it's a free update it would've made sense to update to it first...

I think the CD problem was fixed in one of the updates since then, which is why I asked which version you were on. I might be wrong but there's no point speculating on what may be the problem when it may have already been fixed in the past year.

Me too with the new version I had problems with the drag & drop.
(The 9.1.1.6 it works fine)

With the new version if I move or copy files using drag & drop I can not use opus until the operation has finished and the cursor shows the action of drop until the end.
If I move or copy files using the drop menu instead I can use opus.
Is just lucky or even some other have the same problem?

I only happens with the style Explorer...From Lister to folder tree.
This is most evident with large files 1gb or more

[quote="Birba"]I only happens with the style Explorer...From Lister to folder tree.
This is most evident with large files 1gb or more[/quote]
I can confirm that and have reported it to GPSoftware.

Ok...many thanks

Ah good! (sort of)

I get the same issue when copying/moving files that I can't do anything in Directory Opus until the file operation is completed.

If I click anywhere on the background D.Opus window, it all goes grey as in disabled and unresponding. I can open a second D.Opus window and start another file operation but if I copy/move anoter set of files it makes that instance of D.Opus also unresponsive.

The alpha-blended file group also shows on top of another application window (ie. Firefox) until the file operation is completed.

I believe this has only appeared since 9.1.1.6
I was hoping to see it fixed in 9.1.1.7 but it's still there.

Might try going back to 9.1.1.5 to see if it resolves the issue.