I need help with setattr meta

Hello,
I have a collection of ebooks in pdf format.
I want to use file names to include some metadata files (Author, title)

File names are generally:
- . pdf gold - <collection (book part 1, part2 etc..) - . pdf

Example
Frank Herbert - Frank Herbert Dune.pdf gold - Dune part 1 - Dune.pdf

I made ​​several attempts and used several solutions posted in the forum without success.

Could you help me do that

I think the approach is to use meta setattr I do not know the exact syntax, or joint commands.

Thank you in advance

The syntax is:

SETATTR META author:Herbert,Frank title:Dune

Thank you for this info

I'm looking especially how to collect the information from the filename certainly via a regular expression to fill in of metadata records
The goal is to tag several files from the information contained in their names

If you know a bit of VBScript or Javascript (etc.) you could do it via rename scripting.

Unfortunately this is not the case I know nothing about vbscript or javacript :blush:
There may be a solution using the same regular expressions as inside the rename function.
But instead using the original filename structure for renaming, use it to collect and insert metadata

Problem is only the Rename function currently lets you apply regexps to filenames and use the results (which is why I keep abusing it to do other things :slight_smile: but the you need to use vbscript or similar to do them :frowning: ).

(Not quite true: The command for copying filenames/paths to the clipboard can also apply regexps, but that's probably not useful here. Though, I guess, you could put bits of the filename into the clipboard, then use {clip} in the command, but making it work with multiple fields and multiple files would be quite painful.)