I want Opus to save my columns (width and order) automatically or with one "click" for every view

So far I am loving Opus and use it all the time... except that one thing is driving me really nuts and is very frustrating.

I want the modified column to be visible and since the name column is always so damn wide I have to shrink it and then move modified over before the "type" column. This is how I like my windows.

I've "set as default lister" and this does nothing.

I really don't want to create "listers" as what I want is to be able to set the view for ALL new windows unless I explicitly load some other kind of view. How can I accomplish this easily? I was expecting to find something like a "save view" or "save view as default" in the view menu but no luck.

Love the product but this is my main frustration atm (other than iSCSI performance when copying from/to a NAS!) :slight_smile:

Thanks.

Watch this video

There are a few different ways you can solve those problems. I recommend watching this tutorial video and picking the one that's best for you:

There's also the Set SAVEFORMAT command, but if you set the name column to always allow space for the other important columns, as shown in the video, then you should never have to re-save things again.

I'll check the video out. Thanks.