I want to contribute to all users....Bought DOpus and Love i

Dear Support

I just bought your software and while I'm new to computers, all I can say is "I love it" It is the easiest and nicest I've seen, and while I've only had it for one day, I'm enjoying it very much, if you desire feel free to use my letter as an endorsement.

I've decided I want to contribute to all users of "Directory Opus 8".

I found Leo Davidson's Directory Opus Tutorial I wrote him because I wanted to print it, in its present form I couldn't make that work well.

So I copied each page (even changes in each page) with the print screen key, via "Clipmate" then put those into "Irfanview" so as to crop them, then I saved them as .BMP and .PNG I have 143 pages in all.

Now I have those images that can be printed, how do I get these to you?

I will also post on the forum and yahoo.

I'll have a think about how to make the tutorial easier to print. Apart from how bad web browsers are at printing things, and that none of the layout is designed for small bits of paper, part of the problem is all the Flash animations which obviously can't transfer to the page.

How much does it all add up to in megs ?

ginger megs?

Ok today I found out how to put the png into pdf, which can be read in the free adobe acrobat....Now I have all those screen shots in png (8 megs) and in pdf to enable people to print (19 megs). I dont think I missed a single flash animation, possible but I tried real hard to get everything, just hope it prints nice.

How can I get it to you all? New at computers, so you have to help me...

Do they still animate once printed to paper? :slight_smile: Heh, just kidding, I'm sure it's still useful to have a printed copy for offline reading even if the animations become static.

If I provide a printable version I'd like to keep it so that I can re-make it myself when I do any edits. It might be possible to automate the process using SnagIt (which can capture pages to big long images, though they'd still need splitting up). But maybe there's a better way to do it...

What goes wrong when you use the normal print function in the web browser? Maybe I can just fix that so that the pages can be printed normally.

[quote="rodm"]Ok today I found out how to put the png into pdf, which can be read in the free adobe acrobat....Now I have all those screen shots in png (8 megs) and in pdf to enable people to print (19 megs). I dont think I missed a single flash animation, possible but I tried real hard to get everything, just hope it prints nice.

How can I get it to you all? New at computers, so you have to help me...[/quote]

Upload it I want to see it:

highresolutioncovers.com/Files/

Why don't you upload it to the resource site?

The "Tutorials" forum would be the obvious place to put it.