Id3 tag data not displaying in details view

If I'm reading the change list correctly, it looks like an update just came out which fixes the problem with some types of Unicode tags:

[Directory Opus 8.2.2.1)

"Added full support for UTF-8, UTF-16LE and UTF-16BE encoded tags in MP3 files."

[quote="nudel"]If I'm reading the change list correctly, it looks like an update just came out which fixes the problem with some types of Unicode tags:

[Directory Opus 8.2.2.1)

"Added full support for UTF-8, UTF-16LE and UTF-16BE encoded tags in MP3 files."[/quote]

This seems to be working in the file list but the viewer plugin hasn't been updated. Not that I care, tbh, but someone else might :slight_smile:

Edit: actually there is some really weird stuff happening here. If I keep refreshing the lister (i.e. pressing F5 repeatedly) the fields keep changing and adding extra characters on the end.

Like in this screenshot...

I am on Windows 2000 SP4 if this helps at all.

Hmmm... sovereignty68 seems to have experienced a similar issue with some of his mp3 tags, but so far has not responded (that I've seen) with a posting of a sample 'problem' file. Could you help out with that ledge? The utility I had used (ID3-TagIT) to find out what worked/didn't work is mysteriously offline of a sudden... so I can't test at the moment to try and reprodude it here without hunting down a tagger that let's me manipulate the encoding. At least - as easily as the app above allowed...

I've been able to repeat this here after doing some retagging with foobar2000 - investigating now...

This file is among those that are causing the problems, but I don't think it is the file as the extra characters keep changing.

Anyway here is a file that it happens with.

mexicankitsch.biz/GivingHerAway.mp3

Ok, this is fixed now. A new version is available for download from the GPSoft website.

Note that we did not bump the product version number as this is such a minor change - it is still 8.2.2. However the file version number of dopus.exe itself has been bumped.

[quote="jon"]Ok, this is fixed now. A new version is available for download from the GPSoft website.

Note that we did not bump the product version number as this is such a minor change - it is still 8.2.2. However the file version number of dopus.exe itself has been bumped.[/quote]

This is all working at home. I'll confirm it at work, where I noticed the problem, tomorrow.