Image Viewer Request

I often need to view images one after another at fit to page and then at 100%. I have Adobe Lightroom but Dopus with its new style standalone viewer is actually quicker for the business of scything through 1000 images simply picking the generally best and chucking out the dross.

What I'd like would be to be able to move through the images flitting from fit to page (f) to original size (o) and vice versa all the while keeping the image centred. This is because it is the centre part of an image that is generally the focus point.

At present I can centre the image at 100% by ticking 'centre viewer window' and initially viewing the image at 100% but still, when assessing, as I switch between views using f and o keys, the image decentres.

Does that make sense? Maybe it is too niche?

It makes sense, yes. Whenever i'm using Kundal's Tagger module to add some tags, i often use the full size mode, which most of the time requires re-positioning the image. The upper left corner is usually showing the sky, or some other empty space, so find it an useful idea to start the full size mode centered.

It would be possible to add a Show VIEWERCMD=scroll command to the Viewer hotkey but there's currently no way to scroll to the centre with this. To show the bottom left corner instead of the upper left corner the command would be Show VIEWERCMD=scroll,bottom,vert. Instead of "bottom" you can use "top,up,down,pagedown or pageup" and instead of "vert" you can use "horiz" to control where to scroll.
I think a new argument like Show VIEWERCMD=scroll,centre,[vert|horiz] would make sense.

I agree but would still like to be able to display the centre section at 100% by default. Even if went to the centre instead of the top left, it would be no more trouble to scroll wherever you wanted from there rather than top left.

Can I put this forward as a formal request, Leo?

[quote]display the centre section at 100% by default.[/quote]With an Argument "centre" this could easily be done with an OnViewerEvent Script AddIn. At the moment you could only make something like "scroll down 2 times, scroll right 2 times" the default with this. Depending on the image dimensions this will never show the exact centre area of the image but it's possibly better than the upper left corner.

I tested this by simply adding the line viewer.Command("scroll,bottom,vert"); to leo's ViewerSelect Script AddIn after line 33 (for the first image when you open the viewer) and after line 65 and it's working fine. For my example above you'll have to add 4 lines:

viewer.Command("scroll,down,vert"); viewer.Command("scroll,down,vert"); viewer.Command("scroll,down,horiz"); viewer.Command("scroll,down,horiz");It should also be possible to write a Script AddIn that looks for the dimensions of the image to decide how often to scroll down and right.

12.3.3 has a change to keep the center of the viewer in the same place when zooming in and out. So if you go from fit-to-page to 100%, you'll be looking at the middle.

There's also a new Show VIEWERCMD=scroll,center that can be used to jump to the center, and could be used in buttons or script events to always jump there after an image loads, or when changing to 100% zoom, or similar.

Thanks for adding this. Working fine here. :thumbsup:

Very handy, thanks!

With the latest update I can now centre images at 100% viewing in the standalone viewer and step through the folder viewing them all that way. A big, big time saver for me and since it is optional via tickbox can't discombobulate anyone either,

It's a mod I asked for so thanks for listening Leo and colleagues!

how do you get this to work?

Bring up the viewer. Preferences->Behaviour->Reset Zoom Level for Each Picture To

Set it to Original Size.

Tick it

You can then step through the pictures at 100% or reset or untick the box to change the behaviour.

ah, sorry. But when I zoom in with the mouse wheel the drawings fly off the page. I need the pdf to zoom to the cursor. How to achieve that?

What PDFs do is up to the PDF viewer you're using. It's not something we control. (You should see the same thing in File Explorer's viewer pane when viewing PDF files.)

File explorer is not doing that. That is why I switched back to file explorer.

Maybe File Explorer is picking up a different PDF viewer. You can configure which is used in Opus via Preferences / Viewer / Plugins, then select the ActiveX + Preview + Office + Web plugin and click Configure.

Beyond which viewer is used for PDF, nothing is controlled by us. There is no PDF viewer inside of Opus; we just let one of the PDF preview handlers installed on your system display the file and tell it which window to display it in, and the rest is down to the PDF viewer to decide how it should display each page.

1 Like