Image Viewer Suggestion

It would be very helpful if the image viewer had a "go to file" button. What this would do is close the viewer and place the user into a lister where the photo resides and with that photo selected in the lister. Without this, the user must memorize the file name (or even the entire path if multiple viewers are open) and then scroll down the file list (or search) to find it.

In Opus 12 you can do this easily by adding a button to the viewer's toolbar that runs the command Go {filepath} OPENCONTAINER EXISTINGLISTER.

Jon's suggestion above should be exactly what you're asking for.

You may also find this useful, although it is slightly different: Viewer Select - Make file display track standalone viewer (also requires Opus 12).

Go with the argument EXISTINGLISTER will not select the file.

Simply add a line:

Go {filepath} OPENCONTAINER EXISTINGLISTER Go {filepath}

Thanks for the suggestion. I finally got a chance to try this. It's all working except it is not closing the image viewer window. Can I add some code that will do this.

Try this:

Go {filepath} OPENCONTAINER EXISTINGLISTER dopusrt /acmd Select SETFOCUS DESELECTNOMATCH EXACT {file} Show VIEWERCMD=close

(I found the first two lines worked better as well. The previous suggestion was opening two windows for me.)

Thanks. I tested two scenarios and it works perfectly. Especially useful for when multiple viewers are open.

[quote="leo"]
You may also find this useful, although it is slightly different: Viewer Select - Make file display track standalone viewer (also requires Opus 12).[/quote]
Thanks. I tested this and it's very slick. I might use it in addition to the other solution.

This has been what I've been using

Show VIEWERCMD=selectfile Show VIEWERCMD=close
Is there a reason why I shouldn't be?

I always thought it was best to keep code short and to not use /acmd if it's not needed.

[quote="ktbcrash"]This has been what I've been using

Is there a reason why I shouldn't be?

I always thought it was best to keep code short and to not use /acmd if it's not needed.[/quote]

I believe the difference is that yours tells the lister that spawned your viewer to set its file selection to the file in question while the earlier versions will always open a new lister and point the selection to the file.

We've made some changes for the next update which make the Go command's OPENCONTAINER and EXISTINGLISTER switches work better together. They should mean you only need one Go command/line instead of two.

And yes, using this is often just as good (or even preferable for some people):

The differences are fairly subtle, and to do with which windows will be searched before deciding to open a new one. In most common cases they'll do the same thing.