Imageshack upload

Using Opus to upload to ImageShack always fails.
Uploading the same picture manually never is a problem.
Do I need to change some settings?

Are you behind a proxy or firewall?

When did you first try it? (I've found ImageShack's API servers seem to go down sometimes, even when uploading via their website still works or when it works okay for people in other regions, FWIW.)

I'm behind a router and 2 hardware firewalls.
My first test was about a week ago and my last test shortly before I posted the question.
When Opus fails I immediately upload manually.
But if the manual upload server isn't the same one as the one Opus uses my tests prove nothing :slight_smile:
Does Opus log the error somewhere?

Is Opus configured to use a web proxy? (Assuming one is needed to get through the firewalls to the Internet.) There's a page in Preferences for setting web proxy config.

I tried again; with and without a proxy.
In both cases the upload seems to work. I see the progress bar moving to 100%. But when the upload seems to be done it reports there was an error.
So it looks like the file is rejected after upload.

I get that sometimes (once for several days running), then it works again without me changing anything. I've always chalked it up to a problem at the server end but I guess it could be something to do with the images themselves or sone other thing.

I tried again by registring for a free account.
Log in is in the user/password format. Opus has a single field. What to enter there?
The number that looks like this? e126aecaf38a1a2805777608382916a34
If so that doesn't work either :slight_smile:

[quote="FileNerd"]Log in is in the user/password format. Opus has a single field. What to enter there?
The number that looks like this? e126...[/quote]

Yes, the ImageShack Registration Code field in Opus takes the number shown for "My ImageShack Registration Code" under My Images -> Preferences on the ImageShack site. (Assuming that page loads. The profile.imageshack.us server seems to be very slow right now.)