Info Tip {thumbnail} to affect videos?

I have my Info Tip configured to use {thumbnail:1:512} and it works just fine on images.

As for videos, they seem to use the last used thumbnail size in Thumbnails view, meaning, they don't honour the size defined by {thumbnail}. Currently, hovering over a video, may show anywhere between a 32px thumbnail, and a 256px one, again, depending on the last used Thumbnails view size.

A 512px video thumbnail will never show because of the same rule applied to images: {thumbnail:1:###} won't show when Thumbnails view is displayed in ###px too. Images always display a 512px thumbnail, other than in the case just described.

Ideally Opus would show 512px thumbnails for videos in all the same cases that images do.

Thanks!

- Directory Opus v12.23.3 Beta x64 Build 7752
- Windows 10 v20H2 OS Build 19042.906

I also find this to be true with text file thumbnails, as well as thumbnails for other document types like PDF. Despite specifying something like {thumbnail:1:512} in the infotip configuration, the actual thumbnail size in the infotip reverts to the last used Thumbnail view size. I hope this can be fixed in a future update.

1 Like

This should be fixed in the next update.

2 Likes

Clarifying: The issue with video and PDF thumbs not using custom sizes is fixed.

With text thumbs, those will still use the lister's thumbnail size. Supporting separate custom tooltip thumbnail sizes for those (without the text going blurry) would be a big change and also use more memory per file.

But we did find and fix a related bug where text thumb tooltips would use the thumbnail size last painted in the lister (if any) rather than the lister's current thumbnail size. We've fixed that as well.

Edit: That crossed-out fix was for a bug which only affected unreleased code, so it's not relevant. A bug you'll never see rather than one you might run into which we've fixed.

1 Like