Install/uninstall problems

Hi

I attempted to delete the program from my system but it apparently did not completely delete as it was invisible on the windows program list but was apparently still being called by other programs. I then attempted to reinstall it, but the installer wont work and I get the message Unhandled Exception
0x8000FFFF Description > kernel\ServiceProvider.cpp(121) setup will now terminate.
It seems there are traces of the old installation on my system which are screwing things up.
grateful for assistance

In addition: I would like to get the program working on my system. I am not quite sure why I tried to delete it - some late night snafu.

Sounds like something has messed up the InstallShield installer on your system.

Did you use any kind of custom uninstaller tools, or registry cleaners or similar? We recommend against them.

If you haven't rebooted yet, please do that first, as it can be required to unload some components that are already inside other processes.

Here is how to remove the Explorer Replacement settings from the registry if the uninstaller is not working:

If you still have problems with the installer after that, try the suggestions here:

Sometimes the error messages aren't always the same as in the guide but one of the solutions still works, so they're all worth a try.

If you want to remove Opus then use the provided method from Add/Remove programs or equivalent. The program is listed as GPSoftware Directory Opus. If you use other methods you will most likely cause issues.

If you have used a different method, download the program installer from our web site and reinstall, then, if you need, use the "normal" uninstall method as above.