Install Update

Just got notice of update 11.11 installed rebooted and now Directory Opus has encountered a program and needs to close.

What now?

Please re-download the update from our downloads page and see if installing & rebooting again fixes it. (Just install over the top of what you have. Don't uninstall as it would wipe your config and should not be needed.)

Checking the integrity of the installer is also worth doing, in case it is not downloading fully.

Another possibility is anti-virus scanners, some of which are known to freak out when they see a new version of an EXE that isn't yet popular enough for them to have it in their databases. Temporarily disabling the a/v scanner may be worth a quick try.

Rebooting into safe mode is worth a try if that doesn't work.

Crash, exit or high CPU usage when viewing certain directories has suggestions in case the problem is a file within the directory that Opus is showing when it first starts.

Here's the Opus 11.10 x64 installer in case you want to try reverting to that version.

Ok .. downloaded full version of 11.11 and installed over existing and rebooted.
After reboot same error , killed firewall and av (OutPost Security Suite ) reinstalled the full download again.
It installed and did not ask to resatrt and its now working. :slight_smile: ?

Well spoke to soon after another reboot back to encountering problem and needs to close .

After turning the firewall/av back on?

Or when doing something specific?

We need more detail to be able to make suggestions.

Off and just clicking on also removed all USB drives and no drives mapped.
Only thing specific clicking on Directory Opus icon

What's the actual error message you are getting? Are any crash dumps created?

Give me an email and I will send the exception form that comes up.

You can send them to jon@gpsoft.com.au. Also did you try reinstalling 11.10 from the link Leo posted to see if it still worked ok for you?

OK Here is the latest.

I did install 11.10 and it worked. From 11.10 I save the configuration.
Then removed 11.10 with Revo and removed everything.
Rebooted and then 11.10, ran certificate and was running fine.
Then brought in previous configuration and on dopus restart with new configuration received the same error form that I had sent to support that Leo replied to.
Then repeated the uninstall and install and its working even after reboot. Will just have to go through settings and reconfigure :frowning:

Any script add-ins used before? Removing all scripts from the add-ins folder is worth a try then.

If you still have your configuration backup please send it to me as well as the crash reports.

I have had to go back to 11.10 because it does not crash but just freezes and the hourglass when it has focus.

Where would the crash reports be located?

See the FAQ for information on how to find them.

Thank you for sending the crash dump and config to us.

We've found a bug which can happen if your initial lister displays the Find panel, and the filetypes list takes an unusually long time to populate, such that it isn't ready by the time the window opens. We'll get that fixed in the next update.

In the meantime, you can avoid the crash by doing either of these things:

[ul][li]Turn off the Find panel in the default lister. If you're unable to open Opus to do this, I've prepared an edited version of the relevant file from your config, which you can copy over.

Extract this zip (you should have a default.oll file afterwards):
default.zip (584 Bytes)
Then open an Explorer window and paste this into the location field:

%appdata%\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\Layouts\System

You should see your existing default.oll in that folder; copy over it with the new one. Now when you launch Opus the Find panel should no longer be turned on.

[/li]
[li]Alternatively, make Opus launch in the background without opening any windows. This way, the filetype list should be ready by the time you open a window.

To do this, turn on Preferences / Launching Opus / Startup / Launch Directory Opus automatically on system startup.

(On the same page, Don't open any Listers should also be selected, but it looks like that's already true for your config.)[/li][/ul]

The new default.oll seem to have done the trick also have set load on start up set to true.
11.11 seems to be working fine now.
Thanks guys!

11.12 fixes this, in case you want to configure things as they were before.

Yes did 11.12 and restored older config and all is well in Opus Land.